Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Late charges
FraudAlert

Having problems with Verizon not processing my payments in a timely manor. Then adding late charges. Customer service demanding I use online or auto payment as their solution. After them claiming they didn't my check. I sent them a replacement check plus next months check in the same envelope. They cashed one on 9/28 and waited until 10/19 to cash the other. Customer service says they can take up to four weeks to process a payment so I need to pay the late fee. Not fair a company as big as Verizon needs to rip off a 15 year customer over $5. Guess thats the new customer service model. SHAME ON YOU VERIZON.  By the way they also cashed the check they claimed they never got in the first place. Then had the guts to thank me on myverizon for paying in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Late charges
Ann154
Expert
Expert

When are mailing the checks and when are the bills normally due? Is there a reason why you don't prefer to pay electronically with your checking account by manually submitting a payment through your MyVerizon account online? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
9wood

Just my 2 cents but if your payment is received on time I.e before due they need to do better job process the payment 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

FraudAlert, we appreciate your feedback and don't want any late fees being charged to your account when you're simply sending in your payments on time. When is your bill due each month?

If you choose to mail in a check, we encourage sending it in within 10 days of your payment due date. Making check payments online is also an option at the link here: http://spr.ly/6600HEkqY and more secure.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note. 

0 Likes
mccleesem

Does he need a reason? As far as I know, checks are still a valid form of payment. And four weeks to process is absurd in this day and age. Kroger can scan a check through in seconds, so a big company like Verizon takes 4 weeks? I call garbage. 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Why would anyone send paper checks during a pandemic? Go online like everyone else if you don't want to worry about late fees. Even my girlfriend's mom pays her bills online without an issue and she's in her 60's.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As always, we appreciate our community forum member's feedback. Verizon offers several options to make payments to their accounts by visiting our website to view more info at http://spr.ly/6602HJcCy. We realize how extremely busy many of our customers are and we're always here to help in any way we can. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes