Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leave a family plan
Ls291

I’m currently on a family plan, but am at an age where I’d like to pay my own bills and am trying to leave the plan. I still wish to use verizon, how do I leave the family plan but keep my current phone number? It says I’ll need a new one as my phone has coverage rn. Wondering how to transfer it to my own account

Re: Leave a family plan
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Tigerstep

The owner or an account manager first authorizes the transfer request. This can be done from their My Verizon or calling in.

Once the authorization is on file, you'd be sent an email to complete this on your own assuming they know your email. Otherwise, you'd call in to Transfer Your Service and they'll set it up for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You came to the right place for assistance, Ls291. I know how important it is to have your own Verizon Wireless account. The process is called "Transfer your service" and it is very easy. It must be initiated by the account owner of the account where your current line of service is. Please visit (and share with account owner) the link below to see the full process.

Transfer of service: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

You can contact the “Transfer Your Service Team” at 888-832-4540 if you need further assistance with the process.

How does this sound? 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes