Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lied to about trade in value...
ardembiczak

I saw a deal around Black Friday where I could upgrade to the new iPhone 12 mini and trade in my iPhone SE 2020 64gb Black for $579 trade-in credit. I decided to get this deal and was guaranteed by an agent I spoke to online that I would get the $579 trade-in credit. I placed the order for the upgrade phone on November 26th and sent the phone to the trade-in department on December 1st.  Yesterday was December 12th.  I received 2 emails from Verizon.  The first email stated that I would receive the full $17.72.month device credit.  The second email I received said that the device Verizon received was different than expected.  This is a false claim. I sent in an iPhone SE 2020 64 gb black which is exactly what the promotion stipulated.  There was absolutely NO damage to the phone. Since day 1, it had a protective case and screen protector. I followed all trade-in directions to the very last instruction and the phone you received was flawless.  I am very disappointed as I expect a company of your calibre to follow through on your promises. VERY upset customer.  I will be contacting customer service shortly...

0 Likes
Re: Lied to about trade in value...
Lft4747

I’m having the exact same issue and see lots of other posts saying the same thing. TOTAL scam to get you to upgrade and send your phone in and then lie and claim it”s not worth what they said. 

0 Likes
paulcathyj

Yep, I just went through the same thing after over 20 years with Verizon. Customer service is useless. I was totally taken advantage of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your years of loyal service Paulcathyj. We never want you to feel that way. Please tell us more.-Joe

0 Likes