Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lied to by verizon "In writing"
SCOTTANDKAREN

Customer service read the online chat from Dec. 23rd on their computer about my free moto z play and said it was a mistake and now I must pay $17.00 per month. I ask since they made the mistake could I return it and they said no because it was past the 14 day trail. Worst customer service ever.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lied to by verizon "In writing"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It’s important to us that you are clear on any offer before making a purchase, SCOTTANDKAREN and I’m happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few details and get to the bottom of the pricing for the device.

Just for clarification, was there a trade in associated with the promotion? Any device credits are applied following 2-3 bill cycles. Have you completed 3 billing cycles since the purchase? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Robbre460

My account was also not credited for a new Moto Z Play, I contacted VZWSupport and was told that at the time there was only a $10 per month offer not the $0 per month offer. I contacted verizon 2 months into the new phone and was told that the $17 dollar credit would be offered in a billing cycle or two, it has been over 7 months and no credit. I was able to find screen shots of the $0 advertisements online with some simple searching.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you receive the best deal for your phone Robbre460. I'm sorry that you haven't received a resolution in 7-months. We would love to investigate. I will send you a private message to gather some additional information to assist you with this concern. You can also reach us on Twitter and Facebook for assistance.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kkreutz2014

I too was lied to Verizon “In writing”! 

Sent my concerns to Verizon’s Executive Leadership (
@HansVestberg @mbrouillette1976 @jgerace @RKIRK @Sdiego @rqureshi6739 to name a few) with PROOF of a conversation that Verizon initiated with me about changing the plans on my account and promises made that by doing so, my services would drastically increase and bill would drastically reduce - was even given a specific dollar amount it would be (including all new device charges, fees, trade ins, promos, taxes, fees and everything) as a deal for my loyalty and "being the Best part of Verizon!” I asked several clarifying questions to ensure I was being provided accurate information without misunderstanding (again, in writing) in which, of course I accepted the offer. 

I was contacted by someone named Chris in the Executive Office who stated on 9/16/22:
“I understand what you were told however there is no way for me to honor that. Our plans have a set price, and unfortunately, there is no way of customizing the amount each customer pays. You are already taking advantage of all the discounts offered to you. Verizon has no additional discounts available. I understand you want what you were previously advised about, but unfortunately there is no way of honoring that price, or I already would have. The price you have currently is the lowest price available for the level of service you have selected. Again we can certainly make changes to the level of service selected, but with the ultimate unlimited plan the cost is going to increase compared to our base unlimited plan.”

I do not understand what Verizon would get out of lying? To promise all of this and then to take it away, just seems incredibly cruel especially with coordinating this all with 4 other line holders… Just as I finally felt like I was an appreciated loyal customer with 5-6 lines on-going for 6 years now.

I replied with several time-sensitive questions on 9/16/22 and hadn’t heard back. On 9/20/22 wrote again and cc’d Verizon’s Executive Leadership and still no response. This is unbecoming of a large corporation, and frankly unacceptable!

@ALL @SCOTTANDKAREN @Robbre460 

0 Likes
ricky_graber

Similar situation, ordered Home LTE Internet when they were running the free google nest mini promotion. On the website I clicked the promotion and went through the checkout which was $0. Then was charged months later for $49.99. Two Verizon reps said it'll be corrected on the next bill, nothing, the latest rep said the promotion was only from Jan5-Feb10 and that I didn't qualify. Can't help me, no returns, no refund, no correction. Why am I surprised 

0 Likes
kkreutz2014

Verizon should be ashamed! I have now been told three different amounts by representatives that I am to pay, since the promises made prior. I have several hours into this and no resolve, nor response since 9/16… I still have no idea what my bill will be coming up or future forward. Additionally, I have to return a device, but haven’t gotten a return box to do so, asked several times for this and no response either… however, keep getting notifications that I need to return my device lol. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kkreutz2014, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention, as this is extremely important that we can get the appropriate team to assist you with this as quickly as possible. I will be sending you a Private Note shortly to continue our conversation. Thank you!

-Kevin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are happy to review your concerns with you here. To allow us to do so, please reach out to us in a Private Note. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kkreutz2014, we are disheartened to learn of the recent experience you've had with us, and want to get this turned around as quickly as we can. Please meet us in Private Note as this is where I have left a message for you. We will be standing by when you're ready, and we are eagerly awaiting to resolve this for you. Thank you!

-Kevin

0 Likes