Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Likely phishing sent by my own number.
NekoSpruill

I just recieved a text message from my own phone with a link to this website: (do not click link)

https://u30487.xyz/isp1/?oid=36&dom=glittersisgold.com&lpkey=1649480456ef66f956&uclick=9zpma2i4&ucli...

The page says there is an offer for a free apple watch as a reward for paying my bill consistently, an offer that is coincidentally only available on the 29th, today. I have recieved notices and offers from Verizon before and they almost always take me to the app or the actual verizon web page. So, I'm fairly certain this is a sc*m. 

My question is how it was possible that this was sent to me using my own phone number? Is there any legitimacy to this offer (I doubt it)?

I have not been on any questionable web pages or installed any questionable apps, so I'm a bit confused by the situation.

#phishing #survey

Screenshot_20220329-100547_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-100531_Message+.jpg

#applewatchseries7 #verizon #textscam

0 Likes
Re: Likely phishing sent by my own number.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello NekoSpruill, We know the importance of protecting your phone from Spam messages such as these. Here's a link that can prove helpful in blocking and reporting these type of messages: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#how-to-block

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Re: Likely phishing sent by my own number.
Scott5337
Novice

@NekoSpruill wrote:

I just recieved a text message from my own phone with a link to this website: (do not click link)

The page says there is an offer for a free apple watch as a reward for paying my bill consistently, an offer that is coincidentally only available on the 29th, today. I have recieved notices and offers from Verizon before and they almost always take me to the app or the actual verizon web page. So, I'm fairly certain this is a sc*m. 

My question is how it was possible that this was sent to me using my own phone number? Is there any legitimacy to this offer (I doubt it)?........

#applewatchseries7 #verizon #textscam

It's actually quite easy for spammers to send you a text that looks like it was sent from your own number, it's a common spam practice.

0 Likes