Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Line Access fee on ipad
2PUGHUGS

I got a "free" ipad 2 years ago and have been paying an access fee every month for 4G. I've never used a second of it--only use it on wifi. My question is, once my 2 years is up next month, will the ipad really be mine? Can I cancel that monthly fee since I never use it anyway?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Line Access fee on ipad
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, once you complete your two-year agreement you can cancel the line of service (by contacting Customer Service or visiting your local Corporate VzW store).  If you cancel it early, you'll incur an Early Termination Fee.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Yes, it’s yours and you can cancel the cellular service and line by callin Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

2PUGHUGS, wow that's an awesome promotion that gave you an iPad for free. I do understand not wanting to pay for something that is not being used. I would be more than happy to take a look at your account to review options. Please check your inbox for message from me.

Katrina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

Nothing is free. It's a shady tactic sales reps use to get comission. Depending on the data package you have, it's $10 for data and $20 on unlimited. Or $240 - $480 over that 2 year period. You can get a 6th gen iPad for that.

Once that contract expires, it's yours. If you don't need the line anymore, you get get it disconnected. Do note that may result in pushback because each customer service rep is judged on stats and a disconnect hurts them. [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
TCOR26

I also got ripped off by the free iPad offer, and was never told about the additional $10/month new line fee for a minimum of 2-years. They also charged me a $230.07 one-time charge for taxes and activation (based on listed purchase price I was later told).  I was originally told that this was a "security" deposit only.

Bottom line: Don't buy equipment at a Verizon store, but on-line where you can see exactly what the cost will be.

Lve & learn at 72 (and a Lawyer to boot)!!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Next time you want an iPad to only use on wifi, purchase the wifi version and you won't have the problem of a monthly fee to use it.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Cellular providers do not sell Wifi only tablets.  What would be the point?

BTW, had you read the agreement you signed/esigned it included you were entering into a 2 year contract for service. 

Reading is FUNdimental as the ads use to say.   It’s also enlightening! 

0 Likes
Jennlek

I agree, I have had much better service and deals by shopping online.

0 Likes