Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Live in major CA city, a mile from downtown, and no service, at all.
randys12

None of the other carriers have service here either.  Someone told me the problem is too many towers or something.

Two blocks away full 4 bars, but here no bars, so we use extender because WIFI calling is inconsistent for some unknown reason.

Who do I talk to at Verizon to ask if they ever intend on getting us service?

0 Likes
Re: Live in major CA city, a mile from downtown, and no service, at all.
9wood

I and others have been reporting poor signal issue for some time seems all we or myself at least get is trouble shooting that doesn't do anything get new sim card or must be just your device i.e. buy a new phone yesterday got new excuse use a network extender hmm odd I live one mile from newest tower where I live insert obvious question remains a mystery as to when anything will be done

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello randys12,

I depend on my service every day and would be concerned too if I were having any trouble. There are a lot of factors that can go in to what service you can expect in any given location. These can include: line of site to the tower, distance to the tower, interference in the area, geographical limitations, or buildings blocking our signal. Cities and towns restrict where cell phone towers can be built. If all service providers have the same issue in the area, then it would stand to reason there is either some sort of interference or some limitation on cell sites. Are you having trouble with calls, text or data? What signal does your phone actually show? Are you inside a building when this happens?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
randys12

Trouble with calls, text and data, all of them,  happens inside building and outside and to the neighbors. Signal shows maybe one bar sometimes, or 3G, sometimes you can make a call but it won’t last long. 

two blocks away it is four bars perfect

0 Likes
9wood

After a night mare weeks I finally got a ticket made that they are dealing with previous ticket got ignored received text saying they will call me within 24 hours so hopefully gets fixed now maybe you should call and get ticket made which is a nightmare after they put you through loops and no results 

0 Likes
randys12

I figured I would update this thread.

There is a form you can send to Verizon about towers if you want to lend them your land, which is not my case, but no form I guess to advise them that we have no service but we are in the city limits of a major city.

It is a problem with all carriers, two blocks away there is 4 bars.  I wonder if there is any way to contact the dept of V that handles this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate the work you have done so far in identifying the issue and where things improve, randys12. We would like to take a closer look into the details. To that end, we have sent you a Private Note to gather those non-public details.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes