Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost Payment
FinnMiaBelle

First-time poster here. Sorry if Ive put this under the wrong board. I did not see a “Billing” option for topic selection. 

I made my $135 payment arrangement on September 6th via the MyVerizon app. An error message popped up after I tried submitting the payment, saying that there was an issue submitting the payment, and to try again later. I repeated this process, but again, the error message popped up. 

I then went and checked my bank app, to make sure the error wasn’t my fault, because I usually keep my funds locked in the vault on my bank app, so I thought maybe the payment wasn’t being processed because I hadnt moved the funds over. But this was not the case. 

Right under my bank transactions, there was the charge for the $135 Verizon bill. I thought “oh, it did go through after all”. So I went and checked my Verizon app to make sure the payment was reflecting in my account. It was not. This was the beginning of what was to be a very long, stressful weekend. 

I immediately called Verizon to find out what happened to this payment. The first tech I spoke with had no idea, he just kept repeating to me that “we did not receive the payment” and “it’s not showing up in our system”. I explained what had happened to a new tech, with the error message, and that the transaction is indeed showing on my bank statement, that Verizon definitely took out the $135. At the time, the transaction was still Pending, so the tech told me to give it 24hrs, to show up on my account. 

I gave it 24hrs, and now my bank app is saying that the payment has posted, yet Verizon is still saying they haven’t received the payment, that they didn’t take this $135, and that I have to pay another $135 and open a payment investigation. I kindly explained that I did not have an extra $135 to pay again, and this is why we are on a payment plan if $135 a week. The tech filed the investigation ticket, and gave me a reference number. 

Since this occurred on September 6th, I’ve tried everything to get in touch with someone who could actually help me. I’ve called customer support at least 12 times, I’ve driven 30 miles to my nearest Verizon store, only for the store associates to tell me they can’t do anything, and that this is an issue that must be gandered over the phone. I’ve reached out to Verizon’s customer support on Twitter, and nothing. No one can help me. I’m really frustrated at this point, as this is incredibly stressful, and having to worry about my services being interrupted because the payment is in limbo, along with constantly having to be on the phone, trying to find someone who can help. It seems Verizon thinks that their computer system is God himself. That it doesn’t make mistakes, and the customer “must be wrong”. Well, I provided all of the screenshots to Verizon’s Custimer support on Twitter, including the error message it gave me when I tried submitting the payment. I have screenshots of everything. The bank statement, my transactions showing Verizon took the $135, and that the transaction posted. We even called our bank, who confirmed that the payment indeed, went through. 

Has anyone ever experienced this? Do you have any solution? Or know who I can get in touch with to resolve this? It’s been 4 days, and nothing has been done. I understand the payment investigation can take up to 10 days, but I mean, this payment 100% went through, it shouldn’t take Verizon that long to see that. Can the app be hacked? Because I can’t think of any other reason this would occur? When I made this payment, it was when a Hurricane Dorian was lashing the Carolinas, and Verizon was having multiple issues with its service. And even though I’m not near the Carolinas (I’m in WNY), I’m wondering if the storm had something to do with this? It even shows me on my bank app under my transactions who took the $135 (it literally says Verizon) and where the payment was initiated (Folsom CA). I’m beside myself here. I’m about ready to file a complaint with the FCC, the BBB, and call my local news station.  How does a $135 payment just go missing? 

Re: Lost Payment
decdec23

I am experiencing something very similar to this right now. Verizon asked me to send wire numbers and information from my bank. I have done this multiple times. The bank has also sent Verizon correspondence but Verizon claims that they have never received the payment. They are also saying that they are going to cut off service if I do not make this payment. Some customer support agents are saying that I don't have to worry about the payment and others are saying that I do and Verizon has never received my payment and that I must make it again. Verizon's customer service is a dumpster fire. It is ridiculous how terrible this is. I have been dealing with it for weeks and nobody at Verizon seems to know what to do so I get passed around from department to department until somebody just says I don't have to make the payment. When I don't I get emails and alerts saying my service is going to be shut off if I don't pay it. This company is terrible. It might be time to switch. Did you get any answers or solutions to your problems?

0 Likes
Tigerstep

I'm sure all reps who deal with service calls all day appreciate being called a 'dumpster fire'.

Your bank has issues, that has nothing to do with CS. Nobody 'knows what to do' because all that could be done is use another payment method if one didn't go through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Decdec23, receiving scary messages is definitely not something that anyone would want. Let's get to the bottom of that payment. You indicated that you have sent information, where exactly was this information sent? Did this include the account and cell numbers? When a payment is made from a bank, we do ask for the statement showing the payment reflected, was this sent?

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Angrygrammie

I am in the middle of this right now. Am I the only one who suspects fraud?

This is third lengthy call I have made to Verizon since early December. The payment I made by giving my checking account to the My Verizon on-line payment system on Dec 2 still has not posted to my account. That payment cleared my bank on Dec 4.

An Investigation was initiated. I got an email that the payment was credited, however it is still not posted, I still am in Verizon collection, and I still get emails that my account will be permanently disconnected.

Today the rep on the phone call told me it could take 2-3 weeks for my account to show the payment. This is unacceptable and may violate FCC rules.

Today I filed an informal FCC complaint on-line. I suggest others with this issue do the same.

0 Likes
Angrygrammie

I understand completely. I have a similar issue and have never had such an issue with a company before.

More than one Verizon rep has told me to not worry about the continued emails that I am still in collection, and risk permanent disconnection. That seems a ridiculous response.

Still waiting for my Dec 2 payment to be credited. It cleared Dec 4.

I have now filed an FCC complaint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read about the situation in regard to the payment not showing up on the account, and we're here to help. We will make sure that your account is not disconnected. Does your My Verizon account still show an account balance? 

0 Likes
arica29

I'm having the exact same issue right now with Verizon. My bank statement shows the payment cleared, but Verizon "investigation" is ongoing. This definitely sounds like a scam. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want your payment to show on your account, arica29. We are here for you. 

You stated there was an investigation though. Have you already contacted us about this issue and we submitted a request with our Payment Department to investigate the issue?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes