Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loyalty
tayls95

I'm a little irritated about how not only Verizon, but all cell phone people treat their customers nowadays.  I am a guy that has been with Verizon for over 15 years.  I have never switched carriers, and have personally had two or three phones in that time frame.  

My Iphone 6 crapped out on me after 5ish years tonight.  I went to the apple store to have it repaired and they told me I was kind of messed up as apple does not support this phone any longer and i really should upgrade.

I immediately walked down to the Verizon store, and picked out the phone i wanted.  it was the note 10.  The price tag on it was 1200 dollars or so.  I wasnt worried cause the advertisement said switch and get up to $750 dollars off this phone.  Well what the meant was switch carriers.......  I understand trying to lure new customers, but retaining customers is much cheaper in the long run.

Why are these discounts not offered to loyal customers?  I seriously want to switch carriers just to get a new phone.  I have been with Verizon for 15 years paying my more expensive bill of 160 + a month and for what.... to pay 1200 dollars for a new phone that some new customer can get for 500.  thats a load of garbage.  give me my discounted phone!!!!

Re: Loyalty
glitchedpixel

@tayls95 wrote:

I'm a little irritated about how not only Verizon, but all cell phone people treat their customers nowadays.  I am a guy that has been with Verizon for over 15 years.  I have never switched carriers, and have personally had two or three phones in that time frame.  

My Iphone 6 crapped out on me after 5ish years tonight.  I went to the apple store to have it repaired and they told me I was kind of messed up as apple does not support this phone any longer and i really should upgrade.

I immediately walked down to the Verizon store, and picked out the phone i wanted.  it was the note 10.  The price tag on it was 1200 dollars or so.  I wasnt worried cause the advertisement said switch and get up to $750 dollars off this phone.  Well what the meant was switch carriers.......  I understand trying to lure new customers, but retaining customers is much cheaper in the long run.

Why are these discounts not offered to loyal customers?  I seriously want to switch carriers just to get a new phone.  I have been with Verizon for 15 years paying my more expensive bill of 160 + a month and for what.... to pay 1200 dollars for a new phone that some new customer can get for 500.  thats a load of garbage.  give me my discounted phone!!!!

Have you ever gotten free home theater equipment from Best Buy for being a customer for 15 years? How about a free big screen TV from Walmart? No, that doesn't happen. Why should a cell phone company give people free thousand dollar phones for the sake of it?

New customers and new line add-ons have those specials because that line is a new source of revenue. This isn't exclusive to Verizon, but you knew that. People need to get this idea out of their had that a cell phone company is any different than any other business out to make money.

0 Likes
16year_customer

What good are new customers if Verizon can't keep old ones.  That's a steady revenue.  My program with Verizon was to renew every two years and get a phone upgrade.  They stopped providing that service, without compensating us for a lesser program.  After 16 years, I'm leaving since Verizon does not value loyalty.

KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes