Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mailing in Check
LeipsicTurn

Sometimes, I pay online and sometimes I mail in a check.  This month I mailed a check six days ahead of the due date but my account still doesn't show paid two days after the due date.  I never seem to have this problem with other accounts but for some reason, whenever I pay Verizon by mailing a check, it seems to take several days for it to show up.  It's upsetting because we have always paid our bills on time.  Does anyone else ever see similar occurrences?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Mailing in Check
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
LeipsicTurn I can understand where you are coming from. We do have many other payment options like paying online through My Verizon (even by electronic check), dialing #PMT from your Verizon Wireless phone or even paying by check in one of our corporate store locations http://bit.ly/3SdsA That way you will see your payment on your account virtually instantly and not have to keep checking on the mail. Just wanted to give you a couple other options for your payments in the future!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
LeipsicTurn I can understand where you are coming from. We do have many other payment options like paying online through My Verizon (even by electronic check), dialing #PMT from your Verizon Wireless phone or even paying by check in one of our corporate store locations http://bit.ly/3SdsA That way you will see your payment on your account virtually instantly and not have to keep checking on the mail. Just wanted to give you a couple other options for your payments in the future!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Eye_Know_Eyes-Not_Pho

Definitely feel your pain and concern.  I typically pay my bills on time as well and was disappointed to receive my bill in early May which said I hadn't paid the month before.  A peek at my carbon copies showed that a check had been written the month before.  Thinking I must have forgotten to put it in the mail, I wrote a check to pay my balance due for the past due month, the current month, and the requested late fee.  It was mailed well ahead of the due date for May. 

Shortly after that I began receiving calls from "Financial Services" that I didn't bother to answer since the payment had already been mailed.  When they continued to call 2 weeks after the check was mailed, I decided something was amiss and I decided to call them.  The representative reported no payment had ever been received.  A bit mystified but mostly embarrassed, I paid via credit card over the phone on the spot.  Interestingly the next day BOTH of my previous checks suddenly cleared the bank.  I am baffled and uncertain of what to make of the whole incident.

I'm only posting this in case it's not an isolated incident and others have found themselves in a similar situation. 

P.S.  The timing happened to coincide with my contract being up- not sure if it has anything to do with why this happened.  On the plus side, I have a $500+ credit with Verizon and I'm no longer under contract.

0 Likes
LeipsicTurn

I think we're living in a world where most large companies want all of their customers to go to strictly on-line billing and payments and give up the USPS altogether.  I hate seeing the decline of the U. S. Mail. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Do any of you pay others bills besides Verizon via check mailed by USPS?

In the past 3 years I've had to call USPS on a regular basis because my mail isn't being picked up when the flag is up, I'm not receiving a lot of my mail, I'm getting mail that doesn't belong to my address, my mail is getting delivered to the wrong address, my mail is being delivered 3+ months after it was sent etc etc. I've moved states and counties and still the problem persists and repeats.

Not to say Verizon didn't drop the ball on their end, but perhaps the ball was dropped by USPS as well. As far as Verizon customer service, it's about equal in my opinion the USPS customer service - poor but not the worst.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Personally, I normally receive fantastic service via the USPS.

We normally have 5-10 items of mail each week sent out via the flag raised on our mailbox. This mail never fails to be picked up the day we put it out and I normally receive all of my mail in a timely basis.Smiley Happy

MiiHere
Leader

Just providing a different perspective. Perhaps you have happier USPS workers.

0 Likes
LeipsicTurn

We spend part of the year in another location and that's when we have issues.  Mail we send doesn't get delivered and sometimes we don't receive mail that we know was sent.  Forwarding mail is always a gamble.  However, the discussed issues with our Verizon bill all happened from our home address.  We like our mail carrier.  They always pick up if the flag on the mailbox is up and deliver but they can only deliver what they have.  This month, we paid our Verizon bill on-line and that always works. 

0 Likes
CMLF

It is December 14, 2020 and mailed my payment on December 1, 2020.  ALL my other payments have cleared from being mailed all over the US EXCEPT VERIZON.  This happened several months ago.  I made another payment and both payments cleared a day of each other.  I don't have an extra $120 to continually do this.  I like VERIZON SERVICE but am very disappointed in their mail in payment system.  It is a lock box in Dallas TX, should not be difficult.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes