Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Major Issues Activating my new account
deboraka

I am trying to switch from ATT to Verizon. I am BYOD and get more unlimited plan for 6 lines. Many issues 1) I went to the store and the guy told me that he could not help but assured me that I could go home order the new lines online and pick up the SIM cards in his store, INCORRECT when i call Verizon representative later and also through chat when I was trying to set up the account, I didn't have an option to pick in the store, 2) was told on the phone and chat that I could add up to 10 lines to my account and to just go online and do it, INCORRECT the system only allows you do 5 lines at the time, 3) I was told that I could simply order the 5 lines and then just go back in and add the 6th line with no problem and very quickly INCORRECT I was unable to add the 6th line due to an error and after 2 days many chats and phone call I was able to add the 6th line despite being on the phone with a representative telling me that it could not be done until I activated all of the other 5 lines, 4) have email confirmation, letter confirmation from Verizon that all 6 lines were ordered and being processes AND received the SIM card for 5 lines (6th SIM will be received today) HOWEVER I was unable to activate one account. Spent 1h55min on the phone last night with 3 representatives just to find out that 2 of my lines DISAPPEARED from my account. 5) I was told that the representatives couldn't help and that I need to call another department and that the issue is that my credit was not ran INCORRECT I have an email from Verizon confirmation from Verizon and I quote the title of the email "CREDIT APPROVAL FOR YOUR VERIZON WIRELESS" first line in caps and bold "YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN APPROVED", 6) representative told me to call telesales from 6am to 6pm EST,  INCORRECT I called at 6:30am got a message that they open at 8, called at 8:15 and still getting a message that no one is available because they open at 8. hmmmm 8 PT then? Who knows!!! Bottom line is that I spent hours trying to simply set up an account and still have not been able to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues Activating my new account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're glad you've joined Verizon, deboraka. We want the activation process to be a breeze, so I'm troubled to learn about the speedbumps you've experienced. Your time is valuable and we want to resolve this for you. To better assist, I need to access your account. 

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues Activating my new account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To authenticate your account please review the following and then click the link after "Authenticate here":

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at verizon.com/privacy.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes