Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Major cell data usage
Shashlea

Okay so I've been noticing some major spikes in my cell data usage. Under my Go Unlimited plan I never used more than 12 GB of data and that was only once, but not that I am on the Play More Unlimited plan, I've already scaled up to 17+ GB. I first used it as a hotspot to play Minecraft for 4 hours, and ended up at 4/5 GB, which I found fairly normal, but the other day I was on a roadtrip back from Texas and checked it, it was only at 8 GB or so. The next day, I checked it and it was at 14 GB. In less than a DAY. It made no sense. I had been streaming movies and music, but I did that on the way down to Texas and didn't rack up that much data usage. 
I used my hotspot last night again and ended up at 15 some GB, which I found reasonable... but in the span of 12 hours it's jumped up to over 17 GB when I've been on WiFi most of the day. I don't understand what is eating up my data so badly, can anyone help? 

0 Likes
Re: Major cell data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
We understand the importance of knowing that you may be consuming your data. Generally when watching videos or downloading movies, we suggest you review the definition, this determines how much data is used, a HD movie can use more than 3 GB. We suggest you check the information in the following link:

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes