Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Max price for a prepaid plan?
James116

I called Verizon yesterday because I wanted to get a new phone and switch my service over to them. My intent was to pay for the phone outright (iPhone 12 pro) and get on a prepaid plan for like 75/month. The iPhone was 1000 and the guy told me that buying anything over 600 you can’t get on a prepaid plan. I tried having him explain why but he just said it’s a “limitation in their system” and that the workaround would be to get on a post paid plan (90/month) and then switch it to a prepaid plan after I’ve had it for a month. I did it, but I’m still wanting a good answer as to why I couldn’t get the prepaid plan right away and also how easy it’ll be to switch over to the prepaid plan once I get my phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Max price for a prepaid plan?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you are willing to buy the phone outright, please consider purchasing it from the manufacturer as unlocked SIM free phone. Then you can start plan of your choice at the carrier of your choice using that phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Max price for a prepaid plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how important it is to have a clear understanding of what happened. When you purchase a non-prepaid phone, the system is designed to purchase it through the postpaid system, even if it is at full retail. There is an entire separate system used currently for prepaid services. At this time, they aren't interchangeable. Which is why you had to go to postpaid first then migrate to prepaid. Does this help clear things?

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes