Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Military Discount
it2swaw

I have gone through several channels to get this military discount.

Read multiple inquiry and answers provided in this community. 

My problem still persists, despite following answered links. 

I go tot he military discount page, have to sign-in with MilitaryID webpage, that is good to go.

Verizon recognized my VetID web log in. Once I log in a slender imposed webpage appears with 3 options.  The top choice is the military discount I want. I click "Get the DEAL"

I am sent to a blank verizon page that says , any help would be welcomed. 

{"status":"error","message":"Internal Server Error."}

0 Likes
Re: Military Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

it2swaw, we want to make sure that you can get your military discount applied. So we can look into this with you, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
PaiMeisBeard

Exact same problem for me. I spent an hour with a customer service person and they couldn't figure it out. Verizon is straight up scamming people promising these discounts then after you put money down and get locked in oooooops cant verify you sorry too bad. 

0 Likes
it2swaw

I sent in my DD 214.  I got a reply via email, saying they accepted my discount and would reflect my account in 1-2 billing cycles. 

In the end, VedID system did nothing for me.  Had to send a picture of my Military ID & DD 214 to finally get a respond.

0 Likes
Celebran

Same issue here, the VetId system just errors out. The personnel in the store couldn't help and wanted me to use their computer to login but the connection was so slow it errored out. It appears they didn't even know about verifying the information there even though it's clearly printed on my drivers license 'Veteran'. So far I'm not impressed with this "offer". Not only did I cancel my work discount thinking it was messing up the program but now I can't get this one to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Celebran

Making sure that you can get the discounts you qualify for are as important to us as they are to you, so we're sorry to hear that you are having these issues. You would not need to cancel any existing employee discounts, as they are automatically replaced when a different one takes its place on your account, but regarding the MilVetID section that was giving you trouble - what web browser were you using? I ask because that verification tool is not supported by Internet Explorer due the the retirement by Microsoft in early 2020 . Have you been able to contact the discount team since then? https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/contactus/

0 Likes
Celebran

I am using the latest version of Google Chrome

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details. We would like to take a closer look into this issue. We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
militarymom33

Verizon is the worst when it comes to helping out military and veterans.  I have read about and experienced some of the worst treatment by this company.   You are probably not going to get anywhere with them.   Probably best to spend your money with another provider.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's not the way we want you to feel about Verizon and we certainly appreciate our military families and their service to our country. We'd like to turn this around. I'm also a proud Military Veteran and we're always here to assist our customers. We never stop working to assist our customers. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes