Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Military Suspension
TeresaWillard

I am so very frustrated. After spending about three hours on the phone with Verizon over the past few days, I am told "there is nothing we can do to help you." I've been a LOYAL Verizon customer for the past TWENTY-THREE (23) YEARS. I need to set my son's cell phone on Military Suspension. He's in Boot Camp, has been since November 10th. He does not have access to his cell phone. I do not know when he will. The gal I spoke to today was very nice and pleasant BUT she could not help me. If I figure it correctly, I've spent well over $50k at Verizon over the past 23 years. I have never asked for a military suspension before. This is not random. If Verizon cannot figure out how to help a very long-time loyal customer, who doesn't complain often, maybe I need to find another service provider.

0 Likes
rRe: Military Suspension
TeresaWillard

Seriously, I've been with State Farm for 30+ years. Verizon for 23 years. I'm a very loyal customer. Sad to think Verizon doesn't care enough about long-term clients to rectify this problem. At the very least, do a temporary suspension and credit my account for the $10/month the next three months, make it retroactive for November, something. But "I'm sorry, we can't help you" is not a good feeling customer service warm and fuzzy. Signed, extremely frustrated!!

0 Likes
Re: Military Suspension
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TeresaWillard, we understand the importance of a military suspension. Servicemembers are able to suspend via the federral Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. The service can be suspended via My Verizon with the appropriate information entered. In addition, there is an option to email, fax or mail orders to suspend. Please see the link below. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/#military

0 Likes
Re: rRe: Military Suspension
militarymom33

I can totally relate to your frustration.  Verizon cares NOTHING about its troops.  My son is active duty military on my plan and I am also a LONG time customer.  He deployed several months ago and because Verizon has no affordable options for international plans, he had to use another carrier.  They cancelled his line and demanded the device payment balance up front in one lump sum.  I called and explained - they do not care.  It's "policy".  They could have easily made an exception or transferred the device payments to my line but no.  TOO BAD SOLDIER pay up now.  So, I help him out and pay most of it and then set up a plan to pay the rest of it IN TWO WEEKS when he gets his next paycheck.  It was two hundred dollars and I asked for two weeks, not a huge deal right? Nope, they put my account in collection and charged me a late fee.  Tried to straighten that out this morning.  Spent almost two hours on the phone and chat supposed to get call back from a manager at 10:30 and customer support an hour later to check to make sure manager called.  Would  you be surprised to learn I got neither call back?  I am completely disgusted with how they have treated a soldier deployed at Christmas and during a pandemic.  They do not deserve any of our soldiers' hard earned money. 

0 Likes