Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misinformation on Existing Customer Deals!
999GAM

I talked to several online service reps, all of them said I qualified for the $700 existing customer loyalty discount on my trade-in. Yay me.....or so I thought! I went to finally purchase my new Samsung Galaxy S22  today and I was told that ALL of the service reps that I had spoken to were incorrect!!! I did not qualify for that deal after all. This was after the phone was in my cart and the deal was applied!!! Verizon please explain how this is possible!? Now I won't have a new phone through Verizon after such awful and disappointing service. Verizon has never let me down like this before, left a bad taste in my mouth and I am very upset/dissatisfied. Please everyone thinking or making a purchase, have multiple people check before they qualify you for deals that don't exist!

Re: Misinformation on Existing Customer Deals!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

999GAM, receiving accurate information is always important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter. We are currently offering a promotion for the Samsung Galaxy S22 when you upgrade. You can receive up to $800 off with a qualifying trade-in and are on the get More 5G unlimited plan. You can qualify to receive up to $440 on any other unlimited plan with a qualifying trade-in. Please review the promo details here https://vz.to/3sZrUzA

Can you please let us know why you were told you did not qualify? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
999GAM

0 Likes
999GAM

I wasn't given a reason for why I did not qualify. First day of chatting I was told "thank you for being a loyal customer for 7 years" followed by "you qualify for a $700 trade in deal for being a loyal customer" The discount was applied and the Samsung Galaxy S22  was added to my cart with the discount VISIBLE. Why I no longer qualify is beyond me. I suggest looking back at the chat history as I know they can see previous chats. I have screenshots of part of my conversation though with the discount if you need proof.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

999GAM, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We want to make sure you are able to receive the promotion that you qualify for. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
999GAM

After a brief investigation done by "Andrew" we were able to resolve the issue. As it stands there is a $700 promotional trade in credit for the Samsung Galaxy S22 specifically, for existing customers. With the help of Andrew we were able to get the phone purchased with no issues. The sales rep that I chatted with today was incorrect and all previous reps were in fact right. Thank you Verizon for the $700 credit promotion with trade-in on my qualified unlimited plan for the S22 specifically. I can't wait to get my new device!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please let us know if we can assist further. Have a great night, and take care. 

-Rosie

0 Likes
angelbrats

I too have had a very similar issue! 3 HOUR's today to get any sort of useful assistance, this was NOT counting my original contact which I had upgraded my plan on my lines of service to a "new" plan to get deals for existing customers.

All in all unhappy customer.. I am not adding a new line of service to get any sort of "existing customer" perks.  It seems to be all about new customers and doing nothing for the long time customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Angelbrats, we understand your frustration and know how important it is to ensure you obtain the best value when upgrading your phone. Although our current deals may not fit your needs, please know that Verizon Wireless is always coming out with new products and promotions. You may always keep up to date with our online deals by clicking: https://www.verizon.com/deals/  -Shelly

0 Likes
oakbrook6408

I share the concerns of others.  I got the $700 off an iPhone 13 pro deal email as well.  So I chatted Verizon to do the deal.  As I see it if you are giving me $700 off the $1100 iPhone w/ 512 GB memory that leaves a balance of $400.  Send me the phone and I send you my old phone.   Pay $400 and off I go with a new phone.  That's not the deal at all.  Assuming they take my trade in phone they want to take the $700 and divide it into 36 months.  Then they credit my bill with a 36th of $700 each month for the next 3 years.  Well, that is not $700 off.  The present worth of that deal is $200 to $300 dollars depending on what the interest rate you assume.  And it ties me up for 3 years with Verizon having some kind of hold on my phone.  Anybody who knows how to calculate present worth of the deal will come up with the same conclusion.  These are the shenanigans that Verizon pulls on their existing customers.  Hey Verizon.  We are not the enemy.

0 Likes