Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misleading BYOD, Customer service is a Joke
crazzyy4

Recently Moved from T-mobile to verizon after confirming that the device is compatible. Now  the device cannot be activated on Verizon and the tech support has no clue how to fix this issue. On top of it , Customer service is asking me to buy a device from Verizon instead of helping me activate the device . This is a scam , Misleading the customer to join Verizon and forcing them to buy phones from them.

0 Likes
Re: Misleading BYOD, Customer service is a Joke
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no. We're sorry for the rough start. I trust that the IMEI of that phone was ran through the "Check IMEI number" here?
https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/imei-esn-meid/

What is the make and model of the phone that's trying to be activated?

0 Likes
crazzyy4

Yes, It said the device is compatible.

Samsung Galaxy fold 2 5G  SM-F916U

0 Likes
crazzyy4

Can someone please look into this asap. 

0 Likes
shotgunanybody

Make an appointment at a corporate store and they'll help you out. Ask to get a 5G sim card and they'll provision the card and will ensure it connects properly

0 Likes
crazzyy4

I went to a corporate store, Did a sim swap and the issue is not fixed. I spoke with with 15 different reps from Tech support  and everyone gave me a different answer. Some offered me replacement and callbacks , Which never happened and today I am being told that they are aware of this issue and asking me to  buy a phone from Verizon or go to another carrier and even acknowledged that all the reps were just buying time and none of those resolutions offered are valid .  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

crazzyy4

This is never the way we want you to feel as it is always our goal to provide excellent customer service, and we certainly do not want this to be your experience. Allow me to shed some more light on this situation regarding the BYOD and unlocked devices.

Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks – a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network). Basically, even if a device is technically compatible with our network, it is not guaranteed to be able to be activated or perform such as a device that was specifically made for our network. This is the same with the devices that were specifically made for our network when trying to be used on others. I know that is not the news you wanted to hear but it is accurate. We can take another look to ensure everything has been attempted on our end so I will be sending you a private note, please reply to that message.

0 Likes