Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Missing Trade in Credit - Told to wait 2 Billing Cycles
Agonzalez26

Hello,

Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue receiving trade in credit. I opened a new family plan with 4 lines. Each line preordered a IPhone 14 Pro Max and traded in their old device. As the IPhones came in I mailed in the trade in devices. Each time I received an email confirming the carrier had the devices and “Your account has been credited. If the device received does not match the trade-in requirements, your trade-in credit will be adjusted.” Process went smooth for 3 out of the 4 orders. The credit showed in my account before the phone was assessed and within a week, I received an email confirming phone was assessed.

For the very last phone I had issues since order date. Order went through fine, and I received an email confirming my IPhone 14 Pro Max preorder and trade in. However, when I check my Verizon it showed no trade in. I called support who stated it was a glitch and they would cancel and reorder. The new order they processed was for the wrong phone (IPhone 14 Pro) I pointed this out and they cancelled that order and re processed it again this time for the correct phone with the trade in.

The new phone was received on 10/05 and trade in mailed 10/06. I reached out to Verizon last week when I noticed I still had no credit and was told the phone would be assessed by 10/24 and for me to wait 2 billing cycles to receive credit. I questioned why this trade in credit was taking so long compared to my other 3 trade ins and pointed out the email I received on 10/6 said my account was credited. I was told it was policy to wait 2 billing cycles. I never received an email the phone was assessed and followed back up on 10/27. Again, I was told to not worry and just wait 2 billing cycles then call them back about the missing credit.

Doesn’t make sense why 1 of 4 would take 2 months to receive credit. With so many issues with this order already I’m worried there’s some other “glitch” and they just telling me wait 2 months to see if it works itself out. In the meantime this line is forced to pay full monthly payments on the new phone.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Trade in Credit - Told to wait 2 Billing Cycles
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us! We can take a look at the account to see what happened with that trade an get it corrected. I know first hand how beneficial it is to have that promo take effect. We'll just need access to proceed. How does that sound?

*Angela

Agonzalez26

Any help would be appreciated, feel free to access my account to investigate. Thank you 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning! Thank you for reaching out about an expected trade-in credit. Getting the promotion that you signed up for is key. I'd be happy to help check on the details. To move forward with account access, I will send you a Private Note shortly. 

-Gina

0 Likes