Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Hotspot and 22GB Ceiling
ROBTEL64

Okay so I understand the 22GB isn't a cap, others will just have priority if the tower is busy.

The three questions I have are:

1) The 22GB "cap", is this per individual device or for all lines? So if I have 4 lines and each uses 20GB (80GB Total) will we still be under the cap?

a) Assuming the 22GB "cap" is per individual device, and one device exceeds this limit (22GB +) will all of the devices on the line suffer the              "prioritization", or will the "prioritization" just be applied the single device?

2) The unlimited plan offers 10GB of mobile hotspot per cycle, and then continues with unlimited 3G connection. Is the 10GB of mobile hotspot for        each device or the plan as a whole? (i.e. If I have a jetpack and a phone on the same plan do I get 20GB of mobile hotspot total (10GB per      device)? Or is the 10GB cumulative for the whole plan?

a) If it is per device will going over the 10GB mobile hotspot/tethering limit on one device slow down the mobile hotspot/tethering limit for all             the devices on the plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Mobile Hotspot and 22GB Ceiling
Weth
Sr. Leader

1) The 22GB "cap", is this per individual device or for all lines? So if I have 4 lines and each uses 20GB (80GB Total) will we still be under the cap? - It is per line, so it is 88 GB total. However it is not a hard cap. Deprioritization means if the tower you are connected to is not busy, you will continue at full speed even after 22 GB. Only if the tower is busy will you be the first to be slowed down.

a) Assuming the 22GB "cap" is per individual device, and one device exceeds this limit (22GB +) will all of the devices on the line suffer the              "prioritization", or will the "prioritization" just be applied the single device? - Only the line that exceed 22 GB is subject to deprioritization

2) The unlimited plan offers 10GB of mobile hotspot per cycle, and then continues with unlimited 3G connection. Is the 10GB of mobile hotspot for        each device or the plan as a whole? (i.e. If I have a jetpack and a phone on the same plan do I get 20GB of mobile hotspot total (10GB per      device)? Or is the 10GB cumulative for the whole plan? - Each device gets 10 GB tethering, 2 devices 20 GB total tethering (10 each)

a) If it is per device will going over the 10GB mobile hotspot/tethering limit on one device slow down the mobile hotspot/tethering limit for all             the devices on the plan? - No, only the tethering on the device that exceeded 10 GB gets slowed down

View solution in original post

BUCK99ROG

Per line.  I went in to corp store and asked the same question and they told me it was per account.  They called me not too long after to tell me it was per line.

RushFan2112

I got an email confirming my upgrade to the unlimited plan and it says 22GB/line/mo.

Weth
Sr. Leader

1) The 22GB "cap", is this per individual device or for all lines? So if I have 4 lines and each uses 20GB (80GB Total) will we still be under the cap? - It is per line, so it is 88 GB total. However it is not a hard cap. Deprioritization means if the tower you are connected to is not busy, you will continue at full speed even after 22 GB. Only if the tower is busy will you be the first to be slowed down.

a) Assuming the 22GB "cap" is per individual device, and one device exceeds this limit (22GB +) will all of the devices on the line suffer the              "prioritization", or will the "prioritization" just be applied the single device? - Only the line that exceed 22 GB is subject to deprioritization

2) The unlimited plan offers 10GB of mobile hotspot per cycle, and then continues with unlimited 3G connection. Is the 10GB of mobile hotspot for        each device or the plan as a whole? (i.e. If I have a jetpack and a phone on the same plan do I get 20GB of mobile hotspot total (10GB per      device)? Or is the 10GB cumulative for the whole plan? - Each device gets 10 GB tethering, 2 devices 20 GB total tethering (10 each)

a) If it is per device will going over the 10GB mobile hotspot/tethering limit on one device slow down the mobile hotspot/tethering limit for all             the devices on the plan? - No, only the tethering on the device that exceeded 10 GB gets slowed down

View solution in original post

ROBTEL64

I like your answers ^^^!! Haha obviously because they're the best deal but I just got off the phone with Verizon Support and she said the 22GB was shared across the whole plan. But then if you look in their dropdown/help section about the unlimited plan it says 22GB per line. Maybe the support lady was wrong? Can anybody confirm Weth is on the money??

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

ROBTEL64 wrote:

I like your answers ^^^!! Haha obviously because they're the best deal but I just got off the phone with Verizon Support and she said the 22GB was shared across the whole plan. But then if you look in their dropdown/help section about the unlimited plan it says 22GB per line. Maybe the support lady was wrong? Can anybody confirm Weth is on the money??

Weth is pretty much always on the money. It's 22GB per line.

BUCK99ROG

I see that VZW is still keeping their employees guessing as to what the actual truth is.  I believe I'll wait until it all gets sorted out before dropping my OG unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

I know it seems to good to be true (this is Verizon ), but you will find my answers right on the money.

To to confirm though your jetpack lines would only get 10 GB and then a hard throttle to 600 kbps with no limit at this 3G speed. Tablets and Phones get a soft cap at 22 GB and only slowed if tower or system is near capacity.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ROBTEL64,

Thanks for checking back in on this. We know it's very important to have the correct information when a new plan is introduced. Weth has provided the correct information. We apologize that the representative on the phone provided you inaccurate information. I have marked Weth's response as the correct information for any future comers. Have a great day!

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MIKWOL58

Thanks for your help!  Your answers changed my mind about switching to the unlimited plan.  I checked on my Data Utilization page for a number to point out to my wife regarding our current hotspot usage and I don't see a clear break.  Is that what "device communications" is meant to include?

0 Likes