Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Multiple Cancelled Orders - Website Fiasco
ConfusedandConquered

Hi,

Has anyone else had an issue with having their orders cancelled?  I've had two orders cancelled, each time after being repeatedly assured all was in order.

On the latest, I was told the T&Cs weren't signed off on, even though I used Verizon's 877-807-4646 group to assist, due to website problems....and yet I have a receipt that shows a distinct agreement number for each of the three lines I was trying to upgrade.  So obviously, their response is duplicitous at best.

I may have had a Covid exposure, so going to a store isn't an option.

Any ideas/hints?  Or do I just find another carrier (which is my inclination - seeing I've been trying to get three new phones since August 2nd).  Oh, and I never received a notification or any indication there was a problem.  If I wasn't checking almost daily, I'd still be waiting for the delivery date to be updated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Cancelled Orders - Website Fiasco
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@ConfusedandConquered ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, but there's a lot more going on here that we'd need to know about. No one wants to see you go, but what website issues are you referring to exactly? What happens when you use your My Verizon app to upgrade your lines on your own? The phone number you shared is an automated line used to accept Terms & Conditions of an order when you have a rep handle the order for you, and is definitely not the only way to accomplish that. You would also be able to accept the T&Cs through your My Verizon account, or when placing the order yourself. 

-Russell

0 Likes
ConfusedandConquered

On August 2nd, I attempted to upgrade the phones on three existing line, with trade-ins.  In attempting to do so, it wouldn't allow me to trade in a phone, though it was on the drop-down list.  I chatted with the Rep, they saw the system wasn't reacting appropriately, and assisted me by putting in my entire order, including an upgrade of lines.  The rep walked me through the rest of the process and assured me they could see on their side that all was in order.

I checked back every couple days, via the Verizon assistant and by checking "next steps" which only indicated my phone data would need to be backed up, and that my bill would change.  There were no notifications.

Finally, after 2 weeks I asked for a "representative" in the chat and was told my order was cancelled because I hadn't approved the T&C.  After a short conversation, it became obvious that best they could do was re-enter the order, minus some now out of stock items.

Again, we went through the order, approvals, etc... and I was told all was in order. This was August 17th.

Because my faith was limited, I then checked on the order each day after that.  I was told on the 18th all was in order.  But on the 19th I was told the T&C's were unapproved.  

During these days, one of the reps admitted that there was a new upgrade to the system, and that they were also struggling with the system, and that they were busier dealing with the resulting higher call volume.  This information, by the way, was gladly received on my end, because I appreciated the honesty of the agent.  

However, this time their was an issue with the emails to approve the T&Cs, so after an hour of working with the rep, they escalated me to someone who would assist (you were correct, the escalated person was not at the 877 number as I mistakenly inferred).  I was receiving "max read..." type messages when I attempted to accept the agreement, either because they were already approved or because of the prior multiple attempts to do so.  Even sending a new email with the agreement to approve was receiving a "max read...." message.  Eventually the woman had to "reset" my account or similar, and send new emails.  That appeared to have worked and I received the three agreements and used the 877 call in number to approve them.  I have a paid pdf receipt on my account that shows each line had an agreement number, if that matters.

If there was a way to have approved them on my account, neither the reps not the person on the escalated line was aware of that, as it was not an option I was given.

Again, I kept checking daily with the reps on my order and was told multiple times all was in order.  One individual mentioned they'd put a "ticket" on my account to get an escalated check, and I should just wait 24 hours.  

My call after about 48 hours, was when I found that my order was again cancelled. 

Sorry for the novel, but you asked for the details.

At the end of the day, I've been unable to get three new phones and upgraded plans for almost a full month.  I've been told no less than 7 times (likely more, but no need to exaggerate) that my order was fine.  I've received no messages about the T&C via the account portal either via the "next steps" comments or the notifications.  I've now committed roughly 10 hours of time working with the reps to reach some sort of resolution.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand you are upset over this whole ordeal. We promise there is light at the end of the tunnel. Rest assured we will take the right steps to get this corrected. We will be sending you a private note to better assist you.

~Jesus

0 Likes
ConfusedandConquered

No note received.  

My original order now says it was confirmed, and I received an email saying something like "your shiny new tech is waiting for you..." and when I hit the link, it takes me to an empty cart.

No notification, no nothing.

Jesus, I've believed in you my whole life, have you now forsaken me?  (apologies to anyone lacking a sense of humor)

0 Likes
ConfusedandConquered

Still.....nothing.

0 Likes
SpaceKitty

I've had this happen as well. Back in early August, I applied for one line on an iPhone payment plan. I paid $500 plus taxes down on the phone. Got approved and picked up the phone that morning.

The next day, decided to go for a second line also with an iPhone. This one got flagged and I had to submit ID but now, they cancelled that order and suspended my original line. Got that line working the next day. Called several days later to see about getting that second order approved. It was and got the email saying the order was ready for pick. It was 3pm so I was going to pick it up the next day. At 8pm, I got an email saying my order was cancelled because I didn't pick it up and the email said I had 4 days to pick it up.

I gave up and bout two more phones direct through Apple. This time, I wanted just a line opened on a bring my own device. Same thing, got flagged. Got the order approved on the phone. Went to the store to pick up the sim and they can't find the order.

This company is a mess.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is certainly not the way we want you to feel! Our intention is to help and provide you with accurate information. Can you please send us a PM to better assist you? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please use the link provided to verify your account. By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here: http://spr.ly/6000MKCWI -Joel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Have the information you need is important; can you please tell me more about the situation? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes