Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Multiple errors made by agent and no resolution still
verizonwontfixanissue

Contacted your online chat service and communicated with an agent named Aaron on Saturday, March 13 at 5:10pm.  I explained that I was interested in opening a new line on our account because I wanted to transfer my daughters phone line that is currently with Sprint.  Inquired as to the process of transferring her number and upgrading her phone to an iPhone 12.  He told me he could take care of that.  I asked what the cost would be and he said $20.00/month for the data for the new line.  After going through several more steps, he indicated that he had ordered a new SIM card and it would be shipped???  I immediately wrote that he had made an error that I clearly stated I wanted to transfer a line from Sprint and upgrade her phone to a new iPhone 12.  He apologized that he misunderstood (how possibly he got that confused is beyond me!).  He indicated that I had to go through customer care to cancel the order - which is ridiculous since he was the one who made the error in placing an unauthorized order.  He spent more time trying to up-sell me products I didn’t need than paying attention to what I wanted to accomplish and so now I was stuck dealing with yet another department to try and correct his error.

I finally was able (or so I thought!) to cancel the order with another agent via chat after spending more than almost an hour trying to accomplish that. 

At this point, I decided to just call to speak directly with a representative.  I spoke to an agent named Josh, who placed an order for an iPhone12, processed my payment for the tax, and instructed be to take the old Sprint phone to a local Verizon store where I could pick up the new iPhone 12.  I verified that I was trading in the old iPhone XR and picking up a new iPhone12 128GB.  He confirmed that and said that the store would take the old phone and process the trade.  I verified the address of the location to pick up the phone and verified that they were open until 8pm.  Driving well over 30 minutes to the store to pick up the phone I arrived to find a closed facility, even though the hours on the door clearly stated they were open until 8pm.   The store located at 4023 S. Tamiami Trail was not open at 7:15 when I arrived.  Drove to another Verizon store 15 minutes further away and was told by the representative working that he had no idea why the store closed unexpectedly, but that it wasn’t the first complaint he had heard about that location.

At this point, I was beyond frustrated at the complete lack of service and ineptitude of every Verizon representative I have dealt with that day.  As extremely long-term clients, it is inexcusable to have this poor of service and response.

Fast forward a day, after logging into my account, I saw that the SIM card order had not been canceled as I was told, and was still being processed along with the order for the iPhone 12.  I called and spoke with an agent name Al on Sunday morning, March 14.  I again said that the SIM card order had not been authorized, and I wanted it canceled.  She processed the cancellation and gave me a confirmation code of 5103013.  At this point, I just asked that the iPhone 12 order be canceled as well, because I didn’t trust anything the online agents had done, and decided to just go to a store in person.  That cancellation code was 90967133.

My daughter and I then drove again to a store 30 minutes away, located at 4023 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.  At this store, the representative named Kasey was at least sympathetic to all we had dealt with and tried his best to get the situation resolved and phone upgrades done.  But unsurprisingly there was an issue!!!  Apparently my account code not be moved from the plan we were on to an unlimited plan so that we could take advantage of the BOGO offer for iPhone12s.  Why couldn’t our plan be changed???  I have no idea and neither did Kasey.  He went through multiple levels on the phone with agents, supervisors, etc…..  and not a single person could fix the problem, solve the problem or even tell us why there was a problem in the first place.  Kasey was very apologetic and said he would continue to work on the issue.

Today, I logged on to my account to see if the situation was resolved, but alas - it still was not.  I could not make a simple change to my data plan.  I get a ridiculous error message that says “oops it looks like you have a feature on your account that is preventing your change”.  What feature???  Who knows, because the system incredulously doesn’t tell you what the feature is that is preventing the change. 

I then phoned customer care and spoke to an agent named Aurora.  She basically said she didn’t know why it couldn’t be changed, but a ticket had been submitted to billing tech to look into it.  I asked if I could call billing tech and she said, and I quote “ the billing tech team does not have any ability to utilize phones and cannot be reached by phone.”  YOU ARE A WIRELESS PHONE COMPANY!!!!!!  You have an entire department that cannot be reached by phone, are you kidding me?  What kind of company has an entire department that can only be reached via submitting a “ticket”.

So I am now, at this time, on DAY 3 of trying to simply add new upgraded phones to my account.  It is absolutely the most asinine experience I have every been involved in. 

I look forward to your response on how this situation will be rectified and what compensation will be given for the time and aggravation incurred with this experience.

Stacie Welch

0 Likes
Re: Multiple errors made by agent and no resolution still
verizonwontfixanissue

Contacted your online chat service and communicated with an agent named Aaron on Saturday, March 13 at 5:10pm.  I explained that I was interested in opening a new line on our account because I wanted to transfer my daughters phone line that is currently with Sprint.  Inquired as to the process of transferring her number and upgrading her phone to an iPhone 12.  He told me he could take care of that.  I asked what the cost would be and he said $20.00/month for the data for the new line.  After going through several more steps, he indicated that he had ordered a new SIM card and it would be shipped???  I immediately wrote that he had made an error that I clearly stated I wanted to transfer a line from Sprint and upgrade her phone to a new iPhone 12.  He apologized that he misunderstood (how possibly he got that confused is beyond me!).  He indicated that I had to go through customer care to cancel the order - which is ridiculous since he was the one who made the error in placing an unauthorized order.  He spent more time trying to up-sell me products I didn’t need than paying attention to what I wanted to accomplish and so now I was stuck dealing with yet another department to try and correct his error.

I finally was able (or so I thought!) to cancel the order with another agent via chat after spending more than almost an hour trying to accomplish that. 

At this point, I decided to just call to speak directly with a representative.  I spoke to an agent named Josh, who placed an order for an iPhone12, processed my payment for the tax, and instructed be to take the old Sprint phone to a local Verizon store where I could pick up the new iPhone 12.  I verified that I was trading in the old iPhone XR and picking up a new iPhone12 128GB.  He confirmed that and said that the store would take the old phone and process the trade.  I verified the address of the location to pick up the phone and verified that they were open until 8pm.  Driving well over 30 minutes to the store to pick up the phone I arrived to find a closed facility, even though the hours on the door clearly stated they were open until 8pm.   The store located at 4023 S. Tamiami Trail was not open at 7:15 when I arrived.  Drove to another Verizon store 15 minutes further away and was told by the representative working that he had no idea why the store closed unexpectedly, but that it wasn’t the first complaint he had heard about that location.

At this point, I was beyond frustrated at the complete lack of service and ineptitude of every Verizon representative I have dealt with that day.  As extremely long-term clients, it is inexcusable to have this poor of service and response.

Fast forward a day, after logging into my account, I saw that the SIM card order had not been canceled as I was told, and was still being processed along with the order for the iPhone 12.  I called and spoke with an agent name Al on Sunday morning, March 14.  I again said that the SIM card order had not been authorized, and I wanted it canceled.  She processed the cancellation and gave me a confirmation code of 5103013.  At this point, I just asked that the iPhone 12 order be canceled as well, because I didn’t trust anything the online agents had done, and decided to just go to a store in person.  That cancellation code was 90967133.

My daughter and I then drove again to a store 30 minutes away, located at 4023 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.  At this store, the representative named Kasey was at least sympathetic to all we had dealt with and tried his best to get the situation resolved and phone upgrades done.  But unsurprisingly there was an issue!!!  Apparently my account code not be moved from the plan we were on to an unlimited plan so that we could take advantage of the BOGO offer for iPhone12s.  Why couldn’t our plan be changed???  I have no idea and neither did Kasey.  He went through multiple levels on the phone with agents, supervisors, etc…..  and not a single person could fix the problem, solve the problem or even tell us why there was a problem in the first place.  Kasey was very apologetic and said he would continue to work on the issue.

Today, I logged on to my account to see if the situation was resolved, but alas - it still was not.  I could not make a simple change to my data plan.  I get a ridiculous error message that says “oops it looks like you have a feature on your account that is preventing your change”.  What feature???  Who knows, because the system incredulously doesn’t tell you what the feature is that is preventing the change. 

I then phoned customer care and spoke to an agent named Aurora.  She basically said she didn’t know why it couldn’t be changed, but a ticket had been submitted to billing tech to look into it.  I asked if I could call billing tech and she said, and I quote “ the billing tech team does not have any ability to utilize phones and cannot be reached by phone.”  YOU ARE A WIRELESS PHONE COMPANY!!!!!!  You have an entire department that cannot be reached by phone, are you kidding me?  What kind of company has an entire department that can only be reached via submitting a “ticket”.

So I am now, at this time, on DAY 3 of trying to simply add new upgraded phones to my account.  It is absolutely the most asinine experience I have every been involved in. 

I look forward to your response on how this situation will be rectified and what compensation will be given for the time and aggravation incurred with this experience.

0 Likes
dukes312021

did vzw fix your issue yet

0 Likes
Mrwalleye

that's funny ... i understand his aggravation completely.  no wonder verizon stock is down..

0 Likes