Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Multiple phones on one phone number
PyroAmos

So, my job requires no cameras in order to have your phone at work, so I've always just bought a couple gen old rebuilt phone, since first thing I have to do is go get cameras taken out of it. Wanted to get an actual decent phone I can have a camera on, so I did. Is there a way to set it up so both have service off of the same number? Preferably with separate SIM cards, so all I have to do is turn one off and turn the other on. I know a few people who do this by swapping SIM cards which, while annoying, that would be better than not being able to put service on my nice phone, but I've heard that's only possible with some pre-paid carriers? Does anyone have some insight on doing daily phone swaps under the same number?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple phones on one phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is important that you are able to get a great value from your service. Swapping SIM cards would likely be a simple way to use two devices on the same line, but there is a limit to the number of device changes a line can have in a month. Other options that may be available to you might include setting up a Smartwatch with NumberShare, where the smartwatch does not have a camera, but is used while you are at work for texting and voice services, or setting up a second line for one device, with conditional call forwarding (*71) so that calls sent to your main device go to the other device if you don't have the main one with you. A phone line can't have two devices active on it simultaneously. *Peter

0 Likes