Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Verizon App Spam Notifications
Chris_R2

I have a open market/non-carrier specific Pixel 3 that I elected to install the My Verizon app on for account management.

However, I receive these ads/spam notifications for various bands like Zac Brown from the app such as the one below every few weeks.

How do I shut off these notifications but still receive account alert notifications such as when I need to validate a two factor authentication request?

Screenshot_20200507-105757.png

Screenshot_20200507-110238.png

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon App Spam Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You can learn to change your notifications here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205636/ . Let us know if this helps. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Chris_R2

Hi BrittanyC_VZW,

The article you referenced: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205636/  affects notifications limited to the following types of categories: "Usage", "Payments", and "Billing". 

By the way, my preferences are not set to receive those types of alerts via Push notification. For the ones that are enabled out of "Usage", "Payments", and "Billing", they are either configured as SMS or e-mail notifications.

So, which category does the Zac Brown band spam marketing / advertisement notifications fall under?

0 Likes
denbois

Yes I agree I have same issues with these spam notifications called "Pay it Forward"  - dont miss Chance the Rapper in live stream!!!

Really!!!  Now VZ is costing me 60 mins of my time as I am on hold with your tech support to learn how to not receive these.  Why am I with VZ again?  Spam?  Queued up customer service ... lost time and big monthly bills .... and now undesired notifications of "Chance the Rapper - live"  Really!!!???

VZ, please wake up and stop the notifications and wasting our time.  Other wireless companies and alternatives are looking more appealing.

Denis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

denbois We understand you are not interested in receiving the updates. I have sent you a Private Message here in this forum to help manage the notifications.

DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Chris_R2

Still no valid working answer from Verizon on how to disable these Verizon SPAM marketing advertisements!

Just received yet another one today:

Screenshot_20200528-163023.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you signed up for the Verizon Up rewards program? Those notifications might be associated with that portion of the MyVerizon application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

While you're reviewing a response from our community member, Ann154, Verizon offers an option to help our customers block unwanted calls, ads, text messages, and emails by visiting our website to view more information to help you at http://spr.ly/6604GEJS2. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Chris_R2

I am not and was never subscribed to Verizon Up rewards.

0 Likes
Chris_R2

RobertC_VZW, I am not sure how this is helpful to the topic in this thread. This issue has nothing to do with unwanted phone calls, text messages, or similar of that sort.

The bottom line is that the "My Verizon" app published by Verizon (your company) is facilitating the transmission of marketing materials that originate from Verizon related to topics such as the ones depicted in the screenshots I inserted in my previous posts in this thread.

In fact, three weeks ago, I spoke with an astute Verizon representative on the telephone about this issue and he stated he opened up an internal ticket, referenced this thread, and detailed what I described in my original post.

However, the issue remains unresolved, at the end of the day.

0 Likes