Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
My Verizon app crashing on iphone7 after update to ios14.4
Oconnelljen2

I finished updating my iphone7 to iOS 14.4 and updated my Verizon app to 8.4.1 and the app crashes/goes away a few seconds after it opens. I tried deleting app and re-adding and powering off/on the iPhone to no avail. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon app crashing on iphone7 after update to ios14.4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Oconnelljen2, I know  how much I rely on my My Verizon app so I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. Let's investigate further. Are any other apps on your phone having a problem? When you are in the App store does it show you have the latest My Verizon version? 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
rwclark1

I’m having the same problem in an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I’ve deleted the app, restarted my phone and reinstalled it, and it still crashes. If I open the app and just start scrolling down on the opening screen, or try to do anything else it crashes. 

0 Likes
Oconnelljen2

No other apps appear to be having the issue. The myVerizon App is the latest update

0 Likes
werfree

Same problem here.  With:

- iOS 14.4

- My Verizon App v. 8.4.1

- iPhone 11 Pro

Have tried the same things. Hard reset, removed Verizon App and re-installed, etc. 

Still, the My Verizon app crashes a few seconds after starting it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can help you figure out what is going on. Is this happening to any other devices around you? Are any other apps having issues
- Javier

0 Likes
sadelane

I’m having the same issue on an iPhone XR. 
iOS 14.4

I tried deleting and reinstalling the Verizon app. 
App crashes after opening. 
Unable to access VerizonUp or any other part of the app. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate you sharing this with us, Oconnelljen2. We definitely want to make sure that your My Verizon app is working correctly without unexpectedly closing on its own. When you swipe from the bottom of the screen of your device to close out all of your recently used applications and power your device off and back on, does the issue with the My Verizon app continue? BretA_VZW

0 Likes
sadelane

FYI, an update to the Verizon app has been released and it resolved the issue for me. 

0 Likes