Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.
My Verizon app not working
jclhanson

I have a Samsung S5 and my wife an S7. The My Verizon app does not work on either phone. We get a message that says 'We're sorry. It looks like we are having trouble connecting'. This has been going on for two days. Any suggestions?

John H

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: My Verizon app not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you are able to access your My Verizon application. I use mine to make sure I am up to date with my account. Let's review this more. Do you have this issue with any other applications? Do you have the latest version installed on your device? 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jclhanson

I went to a Verizon store with my S5 yesterday. It worked there and the staff verified that my info was backed up. When I got home it would not work again. 

I have a new phone that I want to download contacts, etc. from the Verizon cloud. My new phone is a Moto G6. I successfully downloaded my apps from the Google cloud, set up email, etc. But the new Moto G6 can not access My Verizon either.

Other apps that use the internet and cell are working. The Moto G6 is updated and the My Verizon is new.

Suggestions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jclhanson, we want you to have a working device. Does the application not download or does it download and you're unable to view anything?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jclhanson

The application does download fine (on our Samsung S5 and S7 and our Moto G6.

I get the message attached after about one minute after it starts up.

Please note that all other data and internet apps work in our house on the three phones.  The wifi video streaming on our tv and tablets work fine. Wifi works fine on a computer and three tablets. It is only the My Verizon that has not been working. We do have the latest updates on that software on the three phones.

Thanks

John

​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the information. If you turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone, and use your mobile data, are you able to use you MyVerizon app?

0 Likes
sgspearman1

My experience: no difference on mobile versus wifi.  None of the usual things helped - restarted the phone, cleared data and cache, no change.

The only thing that worked (sort of) was to use the playstore to uninstall all the updates to the app. Then the original factory installed App did work though I had to reset it up. But then when it asked to update in order to provide all the new capabilities, the new update again starts failing with the bogus message about not being able to reach the internet.

Pretty clear the current version is broken - at least for many of us.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate all of the steps you have taken, sgspearman1. I know you mentioned having the issue occur on a couple of devices. Are the phones all Verizon devices (purchased from Verizon) or are they unlocked phones purchased from the manufacturer? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
TenshiAkuma

I'm having the same problem.  My phone is a verizon phone.  And I did the same troubleshooting steps as him.  I uninstalled the application, reinstalled, cleared cache, factory reset my phone, tried using only cellular data vs wifi, i've tried everything and I still get the same message over and over.  I even tried logging in online here and used the My verizon website to update the information on my device and it says the device is already updated on the my verizon app.  So i don't know what the problem is.

0 Likes