Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My delivery location was changed by ??? at Verizon and I am just supposed to grin and bear it??
geoatl

I purchased a new phone with a plan and ported a new number over.  I did this on Tuesday morning.  I added this phone to my existing plan.  I double checked the confirmation email, which I still have, and everything looked fine for a delivery to my 2nd place in GA.  Yesterday I get another email about the shipping and its now being delivered to my 1st place in FL?  I contacted support and got passed around a bit.  No explanation to why.  They can't do anything and its going to FL.  My older dad will not be able to handle the switch on his own.  That is why I set it up for delivery here in GA today.  I printed out both emails with two different shipping addresses and I drove down to a corporate Verizon store in North GA.  They were surprised to see the mishap also but they could not help me either.

So, my elderly dad who is not good with electronics is going to get everything on Monday and I have no control of the situation.

Does anybody have an idea?

0 Likes
Re: My delivery location was changed by ??? at Verizon and I am just supposed to grin and bear it??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

geoatl, I have to say that is more than odd that it showed one address and then another address on a different email.  I personally understand the need for you to set up the phone for your dad.  When I buy my mom's new phones I make sure it comes to me or I am at least around to set it up.  I am here to help and we will find out what is going on and where the phone is headed.  When you check the tracking number that you received, does that show your father's address or to your second place?

0 Likes
Re: My delivery location was changed by ??? at Verizon and I am just supposed to grin and bear it??
geoatl

The phone went to FL.  My dad was able to get things going.

I was very disappointed though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're sorry to hear that the delivery location for your order was changed. I apologize for your inconvenience. We've also noted your reference that this matter was resolved and that your device was re-routed to a location in Florida, thanks to your Dad. However, this matter greatly concerns our team, as during the device ordering process, we always request the shipping address of an order from our customers before finalizing an order. This helps avoid miscommunication and inconveniencing our customers. We also provide an option to re-route orders, if requested by our customers. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes