Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My new device was stolen during shipment. What should I do?
JGE3

I ordered a new iphone 13 last Monday.  It was supposed to be delivered to me in 2 days, but I have yet to receive it.  Last Thursday, at the direction of a Verizon Customer Service phone representative who I called asking where my phone was , I went to the UPS customer center, from where the rep had told me my phone was ready to be picked up.

The UPS person at the UPS customer center advised me that my package had been "tampered" with and they are investigating it. He said he did not believe the phone was in the package based on the weight and the fact that the package looked like it was opened up and resealed. He advised that I contact Verizon and make a ticket, which I did. The verizon rep assured me it was marked "high priority" and that I would be contacted within 48 hours to get my new iphone 13.  It's been 48 hours and no one has contacted me.  It's also been a full week since I ordered my new phone. Meanwhile, I have a trip planned in 2 days for which I was hoping to have my new phone, and it looks like I won't have it for that, even though the Verizon sales rep assured me I'd get it by then.

I have completely lost my patience.  Every time I call Verizon customer service I am put on hold for at least an hour and no one has been able to help me and everyone keeps saying the same thing: "Someone will contact you and you'll get a new phone right away."  Why is this my problem? I just wanted a new phone and wanted it before my trip. Now I am caught in the middle of an apparent theft investigation with UPS and Verizon. And by the way, the UPS person told me that this is not something new and apparently Verizon has been having issues with iphone transit theft for years, especially as of late.

I am likely going to switch carriers because of this, but the ironic thing is that someone from Verizon would need to first answer my call to do that!

Can someone from Verizon please send me my new iphone 13 already or at least get back to me regarding the claim/ticket I made about this?! My ticket number is [Edited for Privacy].

Re: My new device was stolen during shipment. What should I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JGE3, thank you for reaching out to us and we are terribly sorry to hear about your experience with your order. Making sure you receive a resolution is important to us. Allow us the opportunity to take a look at your ticket. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. -Sylvia

0 Likes
Courto

I have this exact problem but with Fedex.  I actually have video evidence of the Fedex guy taking my brand new Iphone 13pro, that Verizon sent to my apartment.  Verizon has an investigation open but NO ONE has asked me for the photos.  I called and said, now I have proof that my phone was stolen and the representative told me she couldn't give me the email address to the investigation team, and that someone would call me.  I asked when, and she said 24 to 48 hours.  Are you kidding?  Verizon has over $1200 of my money, I have PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE my phone was stolen, and nothing from Verizon.   I just have to "wait".  I will be cancelling my service after this is resolved and I get refunded my money.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Courto,

I'm terribly sorry you're dealing with that. We want to make sure you get a great phone as quickly as possible. Because of the value of the device though when it is stolen we do have to do an investigation with our shipping partner. It is possible they will want your pictures and if so they would absolutely reach out for those. It's also possible they will be able to find the evidence they need internally without that. This sort of issue however would require we do it but we will get that solved as fast as we can so we can get another order done for you. -Andrew

0 Likes
Paulala

same thing here- I ordered a Kyocera phone for my husband, FedEx delivered me an empty box- all it contained was a ripped & torn cardboard phone box. I went straight to my local Verizon corp. store- talked with someone that the sales assoc. connected me to- got an acknowledgement & ticket #- nothing more. I reported it to FedEx & got the same thing- a ticket #. I've got to go back to the store to figure out if this is going to affect the other lines service, as the plan would have been changed with the new line. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. I'm at my wits end- you get nowhere with Verizon,  I feel like I've done what I can- so they're just going to blow it off. No one gets back to you with updates or info, they could care less. Am currently on hold AGAIN, have been for 31 minutes & counting. I seriously want to cry. No new line, no help from the company, just endless hassles- I was told the new # can't even be activated, which is all Verizon should need to see that the phone has disappeared! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Paulala, we always want you to get the support you deserve. Please send a Private Note to us, so we can look into the status of the ticket that was submitted on our end to report the equipment lost/stolen. *Bee

0 Likes
Burgck

I am having the same issue but i returned a phone I ordered because I decided I wanted to go another route.    A week after it showed delivered i called and they said the warehouse said the box was empty.  They were going to file a claim and investigate.   A week later i got a call that they were still looking into it.   I filed a dispute with my credit card because of this activity.  I didn't get any more calls but i see the ticket is cancelled and they have now added the amount of the phone to my monthly bill since my credit card company charged it back.  I dropped the phone at the UPS store, which recorded the weight of the box at the time.  I provided this info to them.  That and the fact that this seems to be an issue with them, something needs to be done.  I am still trying to get this resolved.  The first person i talked to was fairly decent but nothing was done.  Getting through is very difficult.  I have tried chats but get told there is nothing that can be done.   I returned the phone and now I am being forced to pay for it anyway and I don't even have it.   The service from Verizon has been horrific.  I am being treated like i did something wrong, when clearly they have an issue happening that so many customers are reporting this.  I don't even know where to go from here, it's been so frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to read about the ordeal with your returned device. This is never the experience that we want you to have. When you dropped off the phone did you get a receipt? ~Roger

0 Likes
Re: My new device was stolen by fedex. What should I do?
KeonS

I ordered an Apple Watch Series 7 on May 4th 2022. Selected 2 Day Shipping at checkout and billed it to my account. Today , May 6th 2022 I get Home from work and even though The package was marked delivered @ 2:30 pm and says it was placed In the parcel pending locker/near mailbox and that I signed for it??? How do I sign for something If I am at work?

FB6935B9-4C2C-4DA8-B55C-ACB7F64DD4AD.jpeg

( parcel pending locker is where most shipping companies are supposed to put packages at inside a small locker and send you a code to unlock it to your phone and email) but when I enter the code there is nothing inside the locker.

E03ACCF1-9EB6-4DE5-BBF0-DA05DDD0B97F.jpeg

I called verizon sales rep and was told this happens often and sometimes they deliver it the next day/ business day? Immediately I knew at this moment my watch had been stolen. I worked from 10am May 6th to 6pm May 6th which is today btw and have a printout of my timecard from work to prove I did not sign for anything. Another way I know my watch has been stolen is because I recieved an email at 2:52pm May 6th saying that my watch has been activated.

7980B83A-2DBA-414E-966F-4426369BA8F0.jpeg

 So the driver stole my package and immediately opened it and turned it on. smh I really hope I get a replacement watch sent to me immediately because this is unacceptable. Why do you require indirect signatures for high priced Items if the company you use to ship is stealing the packages????What is going to happen in this situation. The thief has activated a Watch on my phone account that I do not have. I hope I wont be charged any fees or bills regarding this watch that I never recieved. Am I going to recieve a Credit or what? I am so frustrated that this happened. I called Fedex and all they did was create a "ticket"??? Please tell me what is going to happen now?

0 Likes
Re: My new device was stolen by fedex. What should I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, KeonS. We want to ensure that you receive the assistance you need with your stolen package. We are sending you a Private Note to help address this issue further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes