Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My time with Verizon and the promise of a rebate.
dieonysus

I would like to start off by saying that I have never had an issue with any company before since coming over to Verizon. Let me take you back to End of August. I walked into a Fair and was offered to switch over to Verizon from the evil empire known as AT&T and they would pay off my phone up to $500 dollars a phone. Well my Fiancé was saddened when she had to switch over to AT&T. So looked at my partner and decided that it was time to switch. 

Month one of waiting for a rebate led to me calling Verizon Customer service because I was having trouble keying in the rebate code I needed. The nice customer service person was able to help me with not an issue. I was told within a month I would get my rebate and keep checking my account. After a month rolls by I check and there is no status on my rebate.

So I once again called to see what was going on. Well after being on hold for a while because you know you can't talk to the hidden rebate department (I am still not sure they actually exist because I am yet to speak to anyone from this department). And was told now it would take almost another month.

Next month rolls around and I am signing into my account to set up direct deposit and I noticed a notification that my rebate has been declined. So I once again call customer service and am told that it was done in error and they will be submitting the rebate back in because everything checks out I should be getting the rebate.

Well fast forward about another month and once again I get another notification that I am being declined the rebate. At this point you could say I am animated when I once again contact someone in customer service and am NOW told that it was ineligible for the rebate because I did not buy the phone online. Come to find out it was sold to me by a 3rd party company that is authorized to sell phones. Well at least that what I was told from customer service by the inner sanctum of the rebate department. So at this point I am livid and ask to speak to someone higher. I get placed on another long hold so that the same person can come on and tell me that even knowing the rebate is not valid this mystery manager that was busy will credit my account $300 on the first billing cycle, $300 on the next billing cycle, and $400 on the last billing cycle since they can't actually send me a rebate. This person even went as far to send me a text message staying that my rebate of $300 was applied to my account. At this point I figured all was resolved. End of the matter. 

Fast forward to today, the day of infamy. I got a text message from Verizon stating that my bill was paid from my banking account. Wait a minute I thought the last person and the mystery manager that credited my bill and sent me a message that it was all taken care of, was in fact a LIE. So once again I am ready to sit down drink my coffee and wait in the long line to speak to a person. So, let's begin with Customer Service Person 1. Who once again explained that the rebate was invalid. So, I had to explain my situation again and what I was told last month would have been the fix. At this point he puts me on a hold and tells me that they would process the money again. Well after being lied to for so long and getting the run around I wanted to speak to this mystery manager myself. I wanted to make sure this would never happen again. I get put on a long hold long enough to finish coffee one and start coffee two. For them to come back on the line and say that the manager was busy again, but they would process the $1000 rebate processed in the same split payment and we would be good and then proceeded to hang up the phone on me. 

Well as you can imagine after almost 5 months of being told that this would be fixed is not enough for me to even start to believe. I once again called at this point finishing up coffee two and starting on the third. Well once again after a long wait I get on with Customer service Person 2 for the day. And once again have to explain my entire story of the last 5 months, and once again get told that my rebate is not valid. I counter with my same move of let me speak to this power from above. And they counter attacked with a long hold. After the hold imagine that the same person says well now we will just process $1000 dollars at once for you. I then dodge that with the well nothing against you but I have been lied too so many times in the last 5 months. I want to speak to the power from above. So this time they pulled a sneak attack with a manager will call you between 2-3 today to speak to you. So about 3:45 rolls around and still no call but at this point I am taking my saint Bernard for a nice walk around the Neiborhood, and my phone starts to ring. I answer it and it is customer service person 2 again. He said with such excitement that he is working on getting my rebate processed for the $1000 at once. I said well that's great but I thought that a manager was supposed to be calling me so I can hear it from them. Well that got more apologies from Verizon. I explained that I am not looking for an apology I am looking for a resolution and said I will be waiting for a manager. My fiancé who is also with me says well why don't we try and call the local store see if they have a way to get ahold of someone from corporate that can help. At this point nothing else has helped so let's try. I get right on the phone and am once again told they are sorry but the number that we call is the same number that they have. I feel like I am lied too because I am sure that they have more phone numbers than just *611 that I have. 

Well time comes around that it is time to make dinner and not even on my phone but my much calmer other half gets a text message on her phone that the $1000 rebate was being processed for approval. Wait after talking with the last 3 customer service people this was being approved already so I thought. As I sit here writing a book hoping that someone will read this that can get me in contact with someone who actually knows this mystery rebate department or manager that can process anything. I can't help but sit down and laugh at the almost 10 hours I have spent now trying to get a rebate so I can stay with a company that since day one has lied to me and all I have been asking for is the $1000 I was promised at the start. 

0 Likes
Re: My time with Verizon and the promise of a rebate.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello dieonysus,

That is quite the amount of coffee to have! I know I start to get the shakes after just one cup. We definitely want to help ensure you receive any rebate offer that you are eligible for. Since this happened a few days ago, do you see the credit applied to your account now?

-Christopher

0 Likes
dieonysus

No the credit has still not been applied. I was told I would receive the credit within 48 hours and still no email. And have yet to hear from this mystery man from above that is approving this credit either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

dieonysus, we want to make sure you receive a resolution for your Rebate/Credit concern. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes