Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyVerizon Android app shows "device not eligible for SMS" for every "please sign in again" request
Dev8

I have an Android SM-A536V phone, running Android12 and MyVerizon app V16.8.0.   I have been able to log into the Android MyVerizon app. However, (referring to the app) when I try the "gear, shop, or account buttons" the app asks me to sign in again for my security.  Following the application's suggestion, I try to log in. First I enter my password, and the app responds with "It looks like your device is not eligible for SMS and you do not have your email-id setup".  However, I do have SMS set up correctly, I can send and receive text messages.  Also, I do have my email-id setup as well. And Verizon customer support says that my phone is set up correctly.

I have been on phone with Verizon customer support for many hours. The 7 or so customer support agents appear NOT to be savvy with their own "MyVerizon" Android Application, instead, they focus ONLY on the configuration of their records.  Not once did any agent even wonder what information the MyVerizon Android app encountered to produce the "device not eligible for SMS" error message. Hello ... computer applications can have bugs, especially applications that have to run on SO many different devices.  Because we (Verizon Support or Me)  don't really understand the MyVerizon Android application's two-factor authentication workflow, as such we never found a solution.  I DISABLED the MyVerizon app in frustration as it is useless to me.  Certainly, I can't be the only one with this phone problem, and there has to be some MyVerizon Android developer that can help guide the Verizon customer support team with respect to Android applications. Also if any of you can shed some light on this problem I would be appreciative.  Thanks.

Re: MyVerizon Android app shows "device not eligible for SMS" for every "please sign in again" request
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you submit a bug report to the developers via the app?

0 Likes
Re: MyVerizon Android app shows "device not eligible for SMS" for every "please sign in again" request
Dev8

Thanks for responding, but No I did not file a request from the MyVerizon application.  I can't file a bug.  Why?  When I press the support request button in the MyVerizon Android application, the application asks me to "please sign in again" and that does NOT work.  This is exactly the problem that I was discussing in my first message.  Unfortunately, someone at Verizon is going to have to file a bug report on my behalf because I can not.

Specifically, I could not get I get any customer support agents to even SUSPECT that the MyVerizon Android app information could even help us root cause of a problem.  Again both first and second-level Verizon Customer Support thinks it is a database "configuration" problem in the back end. That line of thinking leads nowhere, it has been nearly a month looking into this.   Frustrating for me, hence, I want to give up on the Android Mobile MyVerizon application.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You could send an e-mail to the developers at:  MyVerizonApp @ verizon.com (without the spaces to avoid the filter)

Or just abandon the app and log in via the website like I do.  

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Have you tried clearing the app cache?   Is it a verizon phone?  Never had my app do that.

0 Likes
Dev8

I sent off a message, that made it through the email exchanges. Hopefully, we can learn more from someone at Verizon, thanks for the tip.

Dev8

Hi, I have tried disabling the application, updating, and killing/restarting the application. I even downloaded a cleaner application to make sure no apps were hanging around after I closed them.  Oh and another thing, I logged out and logged into the application.  But in all cases when I tried to access the account, or gear icon I failed to log in the second time for security, and got the same message "device not eligible for SMS" every time.  And the SM-A53 is a new phone, that is presenting this problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Ok, app must not like the new phone.  Email the developer.  Mine only has me log in once to access everything.

0 Likes
Re: MyVerizon Android app shows "device not eligible for SMS" for every
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Dev8. I regret to learn about your experience with the usage of the My Verizon application. I know I personally use the application to be able to manage several aspects of my personal account, so I understand how useful it is to be able to do so directly from your phone. I am here to help. Have you been able to log in properly using the browser? Is that option working properly for you? ~Pamela

0 Likes
Re: MyVerizon Android app...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for sharing that information. Let's work together to get this resolved. 

Hearing that you're viewing the "MyVerizon Android app shows "device not eligible for SMS" for every "please sign in again" request"  notification, greatly concerns our team. 

Let's dig deeper into this matter. 

What's the make/model of your mobile device? Have there been any recent changes with it? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Please reboot your device while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes