Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyVerizon Text Online App - Refreshes screen 20 times before listing texts
DesertManPS

I have been using Verizon Wireless for about 10 years now and access my Verizon text messages on the MyVerizon|Text Online app on the Verizon Wireless site as long as I have been a member.  I've noticed that year after year the Text Online function is slower and slower and less in-sync with my mobile phone's Verizon Messenger+ app.  I've chatted with Verizon support for over 4 years asking about this and every time I'm told "Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've forwarded this issue to our engineer department and they will try to figure this out.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?"  - - and that's all I EVER GET FROM VERIZON SUPPORT!   Over the past 2+ years when I login and click Text Online from the MyVerizon menu the text messages page displays but the actual data within the frame-work is blank and the site refreshes over, and over and OVER.  Sometimes it finally displays the sender info in the left column and the texts in the right, but sometimes it just gives up.

I finally captures a screen video of the site doing this.   Notice the URL line in the browser and how Verizon's system keeps changing the data in the URL.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-68M78HVDwUC0ivoa3oORT5NHjKc6HBm?usp=sharing 

Re: MyVerizon Text Online App - Refreshes screen 20 times before listing texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand the importance of being able to use the messaging service online DesertManPS. We are happy to  help. The video you attached is not playing for us. Can you clarify if you are receiving an error message when encountering this issue? What web browser are you using to access the messages?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
DesertManPS

I don't get any type of error message.  It simply refreshes the page over and over and it will either display my list of texts, it will refresh forever until I close the browser or it will refresh over and over for a while and then just stop refreshing, as if the texts were showing, but the frame will be empty.

I've had this same problem on Chrome and IE.  It seems to work as it should using Edge, but I refuse to use MS apps more than I have to.

DesertManPS

I apologize for the non-functional video link.  I believe I have corrected that with the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPzL6Fu0DFj83Ybv7De-tzC7Z-9jko4O/view

There is no error message.  The screen just refreshes, and refreshes, and refreshes anywhere from 5 to 15 times before it either displays my actual text list and messages OR the page will stop refreshing and show the Verizon website and the frame but the interior of the frame, where the 2 column box should be showing the contacts on the left and their associated texts on the right is empty.

I'm using Google Chrome, Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please let me know if the video link works or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the information. I'm afraid we're unable to view the video you attached. However, we want to make sure that we do everything possible to help. To clarify, are you using the desktop downloadable app or the My Verizon site? If you're using the My Verizon site, do you encounter this same issue when using the Verizon Message+ app? Is your computer software up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
rob14me

Verizon Customer support would get more respect if you would just admit that you can not fix the problem. I googled this problem over a year ago and some of the replies from Verizon are pretty embarrassing and right out funny not to mention insulting to customers. You guys do not know what you are doing in regards to this so just put it out as a known issue with no fix. You are worse than Sprint customer service. Very disappointed in Verizon Customer Support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello. If you're referring to the Message + application or online access. I would like you to go to the Menu of Message+ > Settings > Account > Report Bug. This way our software engineers will have this information available and can make adjustments to the application for this issue and in the future. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes