Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyVerizon app spying on geo-location and spamming users
OnlineSlacker

Every time I install the My Verizon app, I start receiving spam calls from locations I send and receive calls from.  This is 100% reproducible.  Looks like despite being caught selling user location data in 2018 and 2019 and ceasing that operation, they are still using the data themselves to create a need for their own spam platform -which they charge for- which feels like extortion to me.  Easy fix, uninstall the app.  But seriously, SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!  I hope you are investigated an sued!

Re: MyVerizon app spying on geo-location and spamming users
benjamingslade

Wow, is this really true?  I've been getting 10+ spam text messages a day on my phone.   I've deleted the "MyVerizon" (sic, they meant MyVerizonWireless) app from my phone as an experiment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Spam is no fun for anyone to deal with. We want you to be happy. Verizon is not sending you spam text messages. If you're having an issue with spam messages, we're happy to help you change your phone number. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
OnlineSlacker

I can prove it.  You’re welcome to setup a case study with me.  The issue is easily reproducible, and is explicitly related to having the myverizon app installed.

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@OnlineSlacker wrote:

I can prove it.  You’re welcome to setup a case study with me.  The issue is easily reproducible, and is explicitly related to having the myverizon app installed.

Could it be that the MyVerizon app is creating a file that some other app is looking for and doing what you're experiencing?  What make/model device do you have the MyVerizon app on?  I do not see this symptom, having the app on my moto z4.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

OnlineSlacker, we understand your concern and Jav6 provided some great starting questions. What is the make/mode of your phone? How long have you been having this issue? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes