How do I change the name that appears with a phone line on a bill? We have 5 lines (and a tablet) on one plan and 2 of the newer lines have the name of the account holder.
I tried share name ID which doesn’t seem to be it, that’s just caller ID. I tried changing device nickname as well and that only changes the name displayed in the overview.
It's important to make sure that your account information is correct/current. We want to help. Just to clarify, you are trying to assign the individual phone numbers to a name and not update the account owner name, correct?
Thank you for posting this topic. I'm having the same problem. I've edited the device nicknames in my online account manager (several times now). But the billing statement PDF continues to show old/incorrect names for the devices/lines.
You won’t be able to do it yourself. I got it resolved by talking to a verizon rep in chat. I had to talk to a second rep as the first just linked me to device nickname as well.
The new bill hasn’t come in yet so I can’t verify that it 100% was solved, but on My Account I see that the names were corrected where needed.
MICLOV81, it is certainly much easier to sort out the charges when you know who's are who's. To assign a name to each line, please use the free Share Name ID to make those changes by following the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-49073/. If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! LorenB_VZW
Did anyone ever resolve this for you? I have had the same issue for weeks. I have spoken to 5 tech people and involved multiple supervisors and hours on the phone. No one has been able to do it. It's insane.
Was anyone able to resolve this for you. I've had same issue for a long time and have spoken to several support people, involved several supervisors and hours on the phone and no one has been able to fix it.
I've had same issue for a long time and have spoken to several support people, involved several supervisors and hours on the phone and no one has been able to fix it. One person took me through the steps you advised here re: Share Name ID. That didn't fix it either. The billing statement still shows incorrect names matched w/ numbers that don't belong to them. In my case it's a bigger mess. Same name shows up twice on two numbers and one person's name is missing completely. All ok on the Account page and where nicknames are. Only the Billing Statement is completely messed up.