Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Name change
Elamarette

I got married and changed my last name.  Can I do that online without having to go to a Verizon store?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Name change
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Elamarette, congratulations on the marriage! The last name can be changed with the help of a representative. We have sent you a Private Message on this platform to further assist. 

DavidC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Elamarette, congratulations on the marriage! The last name can be changed with the help of a representative. We have sent you a Private Message on this platform to further assist. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
poetraquel

My name has changed due to divorce.  Could you please advise how to update my last name?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are happy to help. A Private Note will be sent to assist you with this matter. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
DARKENEDCANDLE

Same here!  Having an online option would be great!

Covid, y'know?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We have a number of online options available, DARKENEDCANDLE. In addition to our chat on the Verizon Wireless website, you can click our profile image and then click the message button to message us directly. If you use Facebook or Twitter, we are also available there. I am sending yoou a Private Message.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
saleebmichael

Hi, I would also like to change the name on the account due to recent family changes. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Screwverizonloyalty

I tried to do this online through chat. After fifteen minutes, "Patty" came back and provided with a phone number to call because she could not help me. I dialed that number that tried to get me to go to a chat (same one I came from).  I am now waiting on hold from that number (option if you didn't want to do chat) and have been waiting on hold for 33.16 minutes.

There has to be a more efficient way to do business!!!

KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes