Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Need help activating phone number from new iphone back to old iphone
Ksbs

I used icloud  to transfer everything from my iPhone 8 plus to the new iphone 12 max pro.

I was surprised that even my phone number became activated on the new device without me using my sim card from my iphone 8 plus. I need to return the new iphone 12 pro max ( it is too big and heavy)

and I dont know how to get my phone number activated back on my old phone the iphone 8 plus. I never removed the sim card yet the phone number became active on the new phone. I tried putting the iphone 12 sim card in my old phone but that didn’t How do I get my phone number back to my old phone so I can return this new one. How did the phone number move to the new phone without my old sim card?  What do I do??

0 Likes
Re: Need help activating phone number from new iphone back to old iphone
Tigerstep

That's because you're not supposed to swap sim cards. Several people with activation problems have them because the new phone is looking for the OTA signal to hit the new sim it shipped with. This is why it activated without swapping sims, it's designed to work that way.

Swapping the old sim now won't work because it's no longer active. Call CS, have them put the old info back in and you're good.

0 Likes
Re: Need help activating phone number from new iphone back to old iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be more than happy to assist you with activating your old device! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW 

0 Likes