Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Never got the $450 + $200 promo codes I was promised!
user0275

I signed up for Verizon in May of 2021.

I traded in my iphone and moved two phone lines to Verizon. The store clerk told me I am eligible for two promo codes $200 for purchasing a new phone as well as $450 for switching two lines. I was told I will receive two pre-paid visa gift cards in the mail in about 1-2 months - "it will take some time".

Low and behold the two gift cards never arrived. When I chatted today with the support they just told me I was supposed to have received a promo code in the app or via email. I never installed the Verizon app and signed up for auto payment on their website that same day. There were no promo emails!

Further, instead of signing me up for 24 months, as verbally agreed they signed me up for 30months.

Have I been 0wned by the clerk?

@vzw_customer_support 

@coreym_vzw 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Never got the $450 + $200 promo codes I was promised!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure that clear promotion expectations have been provided is vital. We're sorry to learn about the expired rebates and can understand your concern. When signing up for service, the My Verizon app would need to be installed as account notification are sent there. This is where device agreement details would be located, as well.  We can look into the rebate offer to find out more information about the redemption process. Did you contact the store to ask about the codes? -Rita K.

0 Likes
Re: Never got the $450 + $200 promo codes I was promised!
user0275

Thank you Rita for the follow up!

When signing up for service, the My Verizon app would need to be installed as account notification are sent there. 

The store clerk told us the exact opposite, to wait 1-2 months for the visa gift card to arrive by mail. At no time were we told to install any app or watch out for any kind of notification. Neither did any of the few Verizon emails include any hint to install any app or watch out for notifications.

.We can look into the rebate offer to find out more information about the redemption process. Did you contact the store to ask about the codes?

No, until today I did not even know about having to use any promo codes. Can you please investigate and send me the promotional credit I was promised for switching my lines and purchasing a phone?

0 Likes