Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Never received my trade-in promotion
hchaohua

I bought a new device through Verizon on 5/30/2021 and traded in the old device via the trade in kit. I received an email on 6/18/2021 confirming the trade in device was received by Verizon. It also said the monthly trade in credit will appear on my bill in 1-2 billing cycles. Since I have automatic payment set up, I never bothered to check my monthly bills until today. Almost 12 billing cycles later, the trade in credit was never applied. Customer services associates are clueless. One even told me that I had to pay for my new phone in installment payments in order to receive the trade in credit. I paid for the new phone in full on 5/30/2021. Why would Verizon send me a trade in kit after that if I wasn't eligible for the credit?? Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Re: Never received my trade-in promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

hchaohua, I know that when I am looking forward to a credit I am anxious to see it. I am sorry to hear that you have not seen one that you had expected. As it sounds like we previously discussed, most trade in promotional offers do require that the phone be purchased using the device payment agreement. Should the agreement be paid off early, you would see that the monthly credits come to an end. Full details are available under Deals and promotion credits at https://www.verizon.com/support/device-deals-faqs/. A trade in kit will be sent on any device that a trade in submission is completed for, whether there would be a promotional credit or simply a trade in credit. This means, that I may even choose to trade in a phone that I no longer use, without upgrading. I hope this helps to explain.     -Loren

0 Likes