Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Phone Activation Failed - Lemon - Lost Backed Up Data
gussimotto

Upgraded from an S10+ to a S20 FE 5G UW. Paid in full. Phone was activated as normal. Cannot receive  texts, make or receive calls. When I call *611 it advises my "account pin is locked, but that's okay." Clearly it's not okay, because my phone doesn't work.

I've spent 5 hours on the phone with customer service. They had me factory reset assuring my stuff was backed up. Now half of my things including photos with dead family are gone forever. 

Went to a Verizon store they put a new SIM card in it, advised it didn't help. Since I got the phone from My Verizon online I apparently cannot replace in store!? So I'm stuck with a $700 Ipod Touch. 

I have an open ticket under Nrb000010712358. Verizon Support is totally useless, takes an hour to get someone to pick-up. Nobody can help me with the activation or reset of the account pin. We just set the account pin yesterday and apparently it's locked, so how hard is it unlock it!?  This is absolutely atrocious. I'm ready to return this phone and switch to Xfinity today.

The overly redundant systems have locked everyone including Verizon out of our account. Absolutely boneheaded. 

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Activation Failed - Lemon - Lost Backed Up Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

gussimotto, 

I'm alarmed to hear of your experience with your new phone! I know how important it is to preserve those precious memories, and I'm truly sorry to hear that some of your media is now missing! We appreciate the fact that you have chosen Verizon, and we don't want to see you walk away. Please reply to our Private Note, for additional assistance with your ticket and phone activation. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
Re: New Phone Activation Failed - Lemon - Lost Backed Up Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello gussimotto! 

We are here to help, and we want to make sure that you are able to access your account, and activate your new phone. Please reply here within this Private Message, so we can gather the details needed to help resolve this. 

-Michelle

0 Likes