Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: New line required
Jrp910

It is very sad. I’ve been a Verizon customer for over two decades. I was optimistic they would see ATTs example and take care of existing customers but it looks like they will not. I just can’t financially justify staying with them. Especially when I compare T-Mobiles offerings. I don’t want to go. Anyone have any suggestions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jrp910, we appreciate every single day of your loyalty with us and definitely don't want to see you leave. We understand the decision-making involved as all carriers have promotions that are geared towards adding new lines of service. While many of our promotions do require activation of a new line of service; we do have some great deals on devices, overall.

We understand that every promotion will not work for every customer but our promotions are always changing to meet all of our customers needs. You can stay updated on the latest offers, here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/upgrades/ 

You can also check account specific loyalty offers by signing into your My Verizon account www.vzw.com/signin , and checking your ‘Notifications’ section for "My Offers". 

It is our hope that you will continue to allow us to serve as your wireless providers for many years to come.

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Lesleyliu

That is correct. It use to be true, but carriers continued to chip away at quality customer service to increase their already huge profit margins, so don’t make it sound like some ‘entitlement’ slur.

0 Likes
dvdchap

I do not want a new line and would like to get a better phone o.oo monthly. Long time customer and do not need the best, just think I pay you enough for the little service I need. Give me a break or I will break from you VZ.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You can check places outside Verizon. Walmart had the 2020 SE at half off for months as an upgrade option.

Even Verizon had a promo for existing customers where you can take a trade a useless 4 towards a new 12. All depends where you look.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do understand your need for a new device. We try to provide different loyalty discounts on new devices, depending on what is available. If you check your My Verizon account online or via the app, you can see what offers are personally selected for you. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
Claytonious

Entitlement? You're an blockhead. Vote for Trump? That's what I thought..

It is a perfectly normal business practice for loyal customers to be given some sort of INCENTIVE to remain so. Is that concept new to you? Loyal customers are the backbone of a profitable business. Is that concept new to you, as well?

You're asinine philosophy on the matter is the exact reason our society is trash. People like yourself are the reason our society is trash. Good job. I don't think you'll connect the dots, so let me do it for you: business is a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of arrangement. Have you ever done business before? I surely wouldn't want to with someone like yourself.. You see, a customer pays a business, the business profits, and in return, the business "pays" the customer back with some type of service. That's how it's supposed to work. The very real problem is that most businesses, due to the way most governments are influenced by wealthy lobbyists (i.e. CORRUPTION), receive, among many other benefits, huge tax breaks, forgiveness, and straight-up bailouts. Does the average customer receive such things? Most hard-working, tax-paying schleps pay as much as the business knows they are willing to pay before the schlep simply lives without said service; they are NOT forgiven in the slightest, hence all of the "service fees," and late fees people have to pay if they are even one day past a vague, unforgiving contract. Fees on top of fees...; and customers are NOT bailed out, lol. This is why businesses, ESPECIALLY large corporate entities like Verizon, almost always comes out on top of the arrangement. And then someone like yourself feels like a true, proud American for using the word "entitlement." 

Also, the fact that most other carriers are doing the same thing to their customers is absolutely not an excuse. This is called an "oligopoly." Look it up. Look many things up...

0 Likes
Texascowboymc1

this is garbage I have been on verizon since the bought out altel. We are eligible for an upgrade but can't get any of the deals that new customers can.. this just goes to show you don't care for your current customers. We have the unlimited plan with like 8 lines on it so you imagine how much we money we waste..

Yall need to show more respect for your current customers then you do for new customers...

18 years of the same phone number roughly 13 years, of it with Verizon and no loyalty or perks of having your plan.. 

Oh also 5g is slower then 4g..

0 Likes
jwolf123

Hello Verizon Stooge,

Yes, you are absolutely correct!  After Years of Paying the exorbitantly inflated prices that Verizon offers I would like the same deal if not better than what they are offering someone new.  I and every other customer that has been with this company for years DESERVES that deal.

If the company can afford to offer a buy one get one deal to a new customer they sure as heck should be offering that to me and everyone else.  Samsung offers to buy my phone back at $300, Verizon $105, since you seem to think it is the same story everywhere that is fine I will look elsewhere.  After all I would hate to hurt their multi billion dollar profits.

P.S.  If I were a Verizon Stooge like yourself I would stay off the boards where customers are complaining about the garbage deals offered to existing customers as you only serve to inflame them and encourage their leaving.

0 Likes
rsteer

Yes, I've been looking at the Pink T; we could both get deals on new phones and unlimited data for half of what we're paying for a couple of gigs each on Verizon.  VZ's coverage is a bit better, but still... Pink T isn't bad, I've used them before. 

0 Likes