Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
New phone going to wrong address
yiapparel

So I ordered a new phone and it's going to the wrong address. I verified with telesales to make sure the address was correct and she said she had trouble getting it to take the address I had given her but it finally worked. I'm assuming it worked  on her end since she just put in the wrong address. I tried using chat and they told me to contact UPS. UPS wont let me change the address. Could anyone on this board help me out with this?

0 Likes
Re: New phone going to wrong address
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You basically need to cancel the order, get the phone returned if it shipped already, log into your MyVerizon account online and change all of your addresses in the account including both the billing address and the service address to verify your account has the correct address before you order the new phone again. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know getting your order to the right address is essential, and we want to ensure you get it right away, yiapparel. Was this new phone for a new account, or were you upgrading an existing line? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
brteller

All I have to say is good luck. They messed up my address with FedEx and it was redelivered to an address that didn't exist 8 times. I eventually got the phone after about a month of back and fourth. You might get lucky and get someone that knows what they're doing, but it's highly unlikely.

Verizon has limited themselves so much with automated systems that once something goes wrong they have no way to fix it. 

Don't bother contacting UPS or FedEx, they can't do anything for you either. Verizon as the sender is the only one that can contact them and make changes, but it probably won't work. You'll likely have to have your order cancelled and redone.

For some reason Verizon reps love to give wrong information and tell people to contact UPS/FedEx...

0 Likes