Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New phone sent without my permission or knowledge
JB669

I was notified last night a new free phone was being sent to me to replace a 3g phone my son is using. I thought my account had been hacked and spent hours getting someone that told me it was a promotion. We will upgrade it when he decides which smartphone he wants, not when Verizon decides to upgrade it. 

I was furious Verizon just sent a phone out of the blue, without my permission. Plus a $50 return fee was being added for a phone I did not want nor order. I spent four hours going through various “customer service” agents until I finally got a response that might solve it. I’ve been a customer since the Bell Atlantic days. No one in the local store was of any help either. What is going on Verizon? There is no way I should pay a return fee for a phone I didn’t order….

Re: New phone sent without my permission or knowledge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out to us here. We did. We sent you a free phone to replace the phone that is about to no longer work due to the 3G network no longer being available for services.We want to make sure you have continuing services as this process occurs. We apologize for the distress this has caused you. Please, do us the kindness of following and sending us a Private Message.

*Faith

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Since the old phone will no longer work why not just use the phone they sent for now?   I thinks it's nice they did this.  Wonder if other carriers did the same for their customers.

0 Likes
JB669

First it’s an odd ball bottom of the line flip phone. He is an old BlackBerry user, so has a full QWERTY keyboard on his current phone. He’s on our plan because he uses no internet connectivity. Really doesn’t need an iPhone but will get one due to the security features.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Well they are not going to send the top of the line phone for free when 3g goes out.  Keep it, don't use it and get the IPhone unless if course they give you issues for not activating it.  At least they tried to do something to accommodate 3g going out.

0 Likes
JB669

Issue resolved thanks @vzw_customer_support !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sticking with us as your satisfaction is important to us! Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional support. 

-Yale

0 Likes
JB669

The phone is out for delivery today, is there a return label enclosed? I tried to start the process online but it would not allow me to complete it. Maybe because it had not been delivered yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for keeping us updated! The order will come with a return label. After you receive the device it should allow you to initiate the return. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
JB669

There was no return label, I had to call and the agent said they would send a box and label. I don’t understand why the online return process doesn’t work. Hopefully the label will show up. I’ve been a customer since before (1995) Bell Atlantic and GTE merged to become Verizon. I’ve never had such a drawn out customer service experience over what should have been a simple process.

0 Likes