Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New plan price not what I was quoted!
1ArmPaperHanger

Yesterday evening I had an online chat with a Verizon representative. Told him I was considering changing carriers so as to get unlimited everything for a good price. After a brief discussion he came back with a great price. I told him to go ahead and change our plan and since I had to leave the house I asked him to e-mail a confirmation of the change.

Later, when I checked the e-mail confirmation guess what? The new plan he put into effect was much higher than what he quoted me. I immediately initiated another chat with another representative about this. The new representative was totally uncooperative and could not or rather would not honor the price I was quoted earlier. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years but, guess I'll be looking for a new carrier.

Labels (1)
Re: New plan price not what I was quoted!
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What was the quote price and what price did you have in the email?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

1ArmPaperHanger

I was quoted $121.61 and am now being charged $202.74.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

First mistake was trusting a chat rep. Phone reps often have to fix the mess ups from store and chat playing damage control.

Second, agents have zero ability to honor prices that aren't in the system. Just like how someone can't go to your employer and ask for something impossible, Verizon reps only have the ability to put you on plans that are either A) a standard plan or B) a targeted offer like the 55+ discounted unlimited plan in Florida. At most this would get like a one time courtesy credit.

Third, whenever a plan is changed, it's either pended to start on a fresh cycle or backdated. The higher quote could very well have two different dates - your current cycle and the cycle in advance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
1ArmPaperHanger, that's certainly not the experience we want anyone to have. I would not ever want to see you leave us. I apologize for the confusion we have caused and the misquoted plan cost. I want to help with options. Please check your messages.

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1ArmPaperHanger

You say to check my messages. What messages and where? I don't have any voice mails, text messages, e-mails nor anything on my account.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

0 Likes
1ArmPaperHanger

Thanks but, all my settings are set correctly to receive messages so, I don’t know what the Verizon rep is referring to.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes
dexman

If there are no PMs in your inbox, then, most likely, the rep hasn't sent it yet.

Glitchedpixel may have the answer. When changing plans, the first bill is often higher than subsequent ones due to prorating (the old plan and the new one). If what the rep promised was legit, the next bill should be close to the promised figure (plus taxes and any other fees).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

1ArmPaperHanger, we apologize for not providing more details. We sent you a Private Message to your inbox on this forum. Please check your inbox. Thank you.

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes