Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New surcharge "Telco Recovery Fee
Rommy1st

There is now a new surcharge (surcharges are discretionary by Verizon's definition) and it is a Telco Recovery Fee.  I believe we as customers deserve a proper explanation of any new fees we will be charged and why.  The constant way the charges change every month is getting very monotonous and seems to be a way to nickel and dime customers.  A little here a little there and of course no one is worse for the wear yet it is not coming out of your pockets.  Yes!  I am a tad tired of the nickel and diming!  

Re: New surcharge "Telco Recovery Fee
acraftylady2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Rommy. We want to thank you for taking the time to write about your concern. We will be sending you a private message to further assist you. Verizon is always here to help. >Soni

magrob

Hi, just wanted to see if you received an explanation. There should be a link next to that "telco recovery" charge to help explain to me and to all. Thanks,

Hannaha

Why dont you send us all a private message!

dhermes3

Now this bill has another new charge of $12.00 when does it stop.

0 Likes
wsrouji15

My bill went up $14 in the last 3 months due to additional surcharges.  Texas Universal Service went from $0.12 to $1.05, This Telco mystery fee has added another $2 or so.  All surcharges have gone up in double- or triple-digit percentages, times 5 lines that I have that adds up quickly.  No justification what-so-ever!

Please don't blame the war on Ukraine for this also!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want all your questions answered regarding this.  Here is more information regarding this charge:

https://www.verizon.com/support/surcharges/

https://www.puc.texas.gov/industry/communications/reports/tusf/default.aspx#:~:text=The%20Texas%20Un....

Are there other questions/issues regarding this or anything else that we can assist you with?  It's our priority to do everything we can to help.

-Sean

20YEARCUSTOMER

I have the same questions as Rommy.

I read this article and then looked over my Verizon phone bill. 

I would like all of these extra charges removed from my phone bill, and would like to be given a credit.

Fed Universal Service Charge $0.66
Regulatory Charge $0.09Admin & Telco Recovery Charge $3.30
NV Commerce Tax Surcharge $0.01
NV Universal Service Fund $0.01
City BUS Lic Surchg $0.36

Who do I talk to?

Verizon has “improperly collected billions of dollars” in additional charges from customers through what the complaint describes as an unlawful bait-and-switch scheme.

A proposed class action alleges Verizon charges higher monthly rates for wireless services than advertised by adding a hidden “administrative charge” to customers’ monthly bills.

@Rommy1st @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
Re: New surcharge "Telco Recovery Fee and other fees
20YEARCUSTOMER

I purchased a new phone and paid for it in full.

I am not sure why this is showing up on my bill.

You charge me $12.50, then credit me $12.50, then I am being taxed.

I want the taxes to be refunded.

Device payment 17 of 24 ($300.00/24mo)
$87.50 remaining after this month 
$12.50
Device Promotional Credit 17 of 24 -$12.50

0 Likes