Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No Deals for Long Time Customers :(
TLKEL

My family has been loyal paying customer of Verizon since before it was Verizon.... (Pactel? Then Alltel?)  We stayed with same company that we started with which eventually became Verizon...I'm talking 28 years ago with a bag phone!  We have 5 lines.  2 of us have upgraded this past Fall and I was very disgusted with the amount of money we had to pay for the upgraded phones.  3 of our lines are probably going to get upgraded soon.  However, at this point I think we are going to have to switch carriers because the only way to get any kind of a deal is to switch companies.  There is NO deals for our loyalty for almost 3 decades!  We even had to pay an UPGRADE fee?  What?  Why do they even tell you that you are eligible for an upgrade and then charge you to upgrade on top of the $1,000 for a new phone!?!? 

Verizon has gotten too comfortable in assuming people like us won't leave.  We should get some kind of a break for our loyalty and never missed a payment!  Maybe other companies treat their loyal customers the same but it seems like the only way to get a break is to constantly swap companies.  This is so backwards.  Long time customers should be recognized as well.  Another thing that is wrong with how things are going in this world right now. 

Too bad for Verizon.  Good news for another company which may very well have us as a new customer!  How can a family even keep adding lines?  At some point your family is already covered.  So very frustrating and I am tired of it at this point.  Time to make a stand. 

Re: No Deals for Long Time Customers :(
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The upgrade fee has been around at Verizon Wireless since 2012. If you don't want to pay the upgrade fee, purchase the new phones directly from the manufacturer as unlocked and SIM free. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

All carriers charge upgrade fees. Even when Verizon had "free" contract phones, there was a fee. The only time in recent history Verizon didn't have those was during that transition period when they had the choice of two year contracts or the monthly payment plan -- the latter didn't have the fee until the contracts were phased out.

People should get the mentality out of their mind that using the same company for years equals special perks. You pay Verizon for phone service. If the service itself is bad, you switch. Phones come in different price points so if you can afford a $1k phone, you can afford the upgrade. If $35 is stopping you from doing a payment plan, purchase the phone retail from the manufacturer sim-free.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TLKEL, we truly value your 28+ years of loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you receive an awesome deal on your upgrade is always important. Allow us the opportunity to assist and explore your options.  What type of device are you looking to upgrade to? How is the condition of your current device? 

Additionally, we understand the importance of making sure you are aware of all costs associated with an upgrade. The Upgrade Fee is a one-time fee that all Carriers charge. We charge a one-time $35 fee any time you activate or upgrade a mobile device on the Verizon network. This fee applies regardless of the device type since each device is set up individually. 

Please review more details here http://vz.to/2qe5V7f. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tigerstep I'm just reaching out in case you have any questions about upgrading.

0 Likes