Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No Loyaly during Corona Virus! VERIZON IS THE WORST!!
LEOTRA79

I have had an account for +20 years.  It originally was myself and my wife, we added the kids and when they became independent they moved off our account got their own accounts.  My son was recently laid off due to the pandemic and to help him I called Verizon to add him to my account.  I was told the move was complete and noticed my bill increased BUT he was never moved.  The long and short of it is that when I opened my account in 1999, a SS # was not necessary and now my account cannot changed without it.  Verizon has NEVER received a late payment from me or a missed bill.  The very rude customer service rep said the “credit department” would not allow her to add my son to our account EVEN if my son was willing to give his SS#.  I DO NOT GIVE OUT MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ESPECIALLY OVER THE PHONE!  When you advertise your companies GOODWILL in times of crisis, you are lying!  I CANNOT believe that NO ONE at Verizon can override changes to my account without a SS#... but that’s what I was told by multiple reps!  This is garbage and I ‘m looking for a new provider who is looking for a customer who will pay their bills on time and tell their friends what a good plan they have.  VERIZON IS THE WORST

Re: No Loyaly during Corona Virus! VERIZON IS THE WORST!!
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

This post shouldn't have been created in the Suggestions for this community space. It should have been posted in the My Verizon space. 

The process of transferring a line to another account is spelled out in the Transfer of Service FAQs. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes