Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No more Device Dollars as a Monthly Reward?
Eremit

What!? I don’t even understand why—in the text it says that by not having this option it will “pave the way for better upgrade offers” and that somehow it’s… easier and “yet another reason to choose Verizon?” Um, no. 

The monthly Device Dollars has been one of the major selling points I tell my friends about why we’ve been thrilled with Verizon. Instead I feel like it’s been a big bait and switch. Massively disappointed. What are these “better upgrade offers” on the horizon?

Re: No more Device Dollars as a Monthly Reward?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Eremitm device dollars are great to earn. While no longer offered as a monthly reward we do have ways they can be earned.

• Verizon VisaⓇ Card holders earn Verizon Dollars.
  • Verizon Up members who become Verizon Visa Card holders earn Verizon Dollars that can be used toward the purchase of devices—smartphones, tablets, basic phones, connected devices like a smartwatch and accessories. 
    • Verizon Dollars may also be applied to monthly wireless bill and other redemption options such as Travel and Gift Cards.
  • Card holders can view available Verizon Dollars by using the My Verizon app or My Verizon online.
  • The Synchrony Verizon Visa card statement shows the Verizon Dollars earned on the card. 
    • Customers always find their most current Verizon Dollar earnings on My Verizon app (MVA), My Verizon Online (MVO) and the Verizon Visa Card app. http://spr.ly/6601JX71H

-Tionna

0 Likes
Clamoureaux

Now they literally have no monthly rewards or anniversary rewards that I want or will use. Guess I just won't use verizon up, but their reasons are bogus. 

BurgerBob85

This is just an awful change, at least the 5 dollar device bucks felt like some kinda loyalty program… no I do not want a $3 gift card… I’m spending over 200 for my phone plan and 3 dollars is a waste of time to redeem. No I don’t want your credit card… 

tiffyrooroo

Funny how the incentive has now been transferred to those who have a Verizon credit card. I will be on the lookout myself for another phone carrier to go to- one that is cheaper and has better rewards. And doesn’t require using a credit card to get rewards worth receiving. 

TheRevenite

You still advertise device dollars and it's 04 Jan 2022!  I just screen shot this very image from the app!  I don't want to donate, I do that already. I don't want gift cards or magazines!  $5 a month was a great incentive to keep customers and to keep rewards within Verizon!  How can you say they aren't available outside of a credit card, yet still have Device Dollars advertised as this image clearly states to select them as a monthly reward!  When first signing into the app, it still tells me it's an option to claim, yet when I go to the rewards page, not there.  

It's pretty bad you want to really reward people who have a Verizon Credit Card, and leave junk rewards for those of us who done want it need another card.

Screenshot_20220104-103513_My Verizon.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your voice is important to us, so we'll lift up the feedback. More information here. https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/. Please review #5 under the section labeled "Device Dollars." If you've further inquiries, please let us know. 

-Joey

0 Likes
Ngk22

Can you please tell us what the new and better upgrade offers are?  The device dollars truly felt like a loyalty thing for me and now taking them away bothers me a lot.  I already know I’m spending an insane amount to stay with Verizon, but I have done so because I really appreciate the customer service and phone service provided.  The loyalty Verizon Up program with device dollars was a huge plus!  I cannot apply for a credit card and so I do not have a way to achieve device dollars anymore.  I spend a lot of money for my single line plan with Verizon and it just feels like loyalty truly means nothing 

Tags (1)
Jackthepumpkinking

Of course! When I just recently finally started building them up! 

0 Likes
Incredalex

How are Verizon Device Dollars earned in conjunction with the Verizon Visa card?

0 Likes