Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No more live representatives??
Tkid30

I’m trying to talk to a rep and the phone number keeps sending me a link to chat and won’t connect me to a live person. They took my hotspot capability off and said it’s not included in my plan.  My plan is grandfathered in with hotspot, but chat says I’m wrong.  I have been with VZW for nearly 20 years because of their customer service.  Looks like it’s time to shop around. 

0 Likes
Re: No more live representatives??
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What is the exact name of your plan? Are you prepaid or postpaid? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tkid30

I am not prepaid. I looked at my last two bills. VZW changed my bill this month. Last month I paid a family plan. Now every line has its own plan.  why?!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Did you or anyone else on your account change anything on the account between the two billing cycles?

Again I ask, what is the exact name of your plan or plans? Include the name of the plan in the previous billing cycle and the plan for each line in the current billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tkid30

I did not make any changes, nor did my husband.  Previously, I had the “New Verizon Plan Unlimited” for 4 lines at $110 base.  Now I have each line at a different plan and individual prices. 3 lines are “Do More Unlimited 5G” at $55 base and one line “Start Unlimited” at $45 base.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You and your husband are two of the four lines you mentioned being on the account. Who has the other two lines on the account? Did any of phones change on the account particular if you added a 5G phone. The Start Unlimited Plan doesn't include the mobile hotspot feature. Do either of those two have account manager access or know the account pin to gain access to change the plans or change the phone on any of lines?

Verizon Wireless doesn't change your plan unless someone on your account gives permission to change it even if you were aware of other changes you authorized would force a change to the account. 

0 Likes
Tkid30

My two teens have phones, but not authorization.  My husband and I did not change our plan.  I’ve been trying to call and can’t get a rep.

0 Likes
Tkid30

And no new lines or changes

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Plans don't mysteriously change without doing something to your account. The New Verizon Unlimited came out 2017 and retired a year later. Do/Start are two active plans with Start losing hotspot. A rep isn't going to go to random accounts to change a plan, something was either discussed and agreed upon or someone signed into their My Verizon account and made changes.

Just because your teens haven't been authorized doesn't mean they can't login and make changes if they have access to online or knows your login info.

0 Likes
Tkid30

Thank you for telling me the obvious- I wouldn’t complain if my husband or I would have changed my account. Since I have been a loyal customer for 20 years, I also know that I would have received correspondence stating the change if someone had changed my account in my end. Verizon sends me emails and text messages.  I have not received correspondence of any form suggesting a change has been made. Therefore, there must have been a mistake which I would like to speak with a representative about. My question for this forum is asking how to reach a live person to help with my very frustrating situation.  

0 Likes