Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No reply at all, no reply at all. Is anybody listening?
FatherJohn

Verizon asked me to send them private message on 05-02-2021 02:44 PM so they could resolve my issues. I was happy. I did so.

It is now May 8.
They have not replied. Why? I really am baffled by the terrible customer service. They are impossible to get a hold of, impossible to discuss matters with, and resolution does not seem to be anything Verizon seeks.

Next week (Monday), I will have to escalate this matter.

I have tried to discuss issues with my bill. I spoke with people named Jordan, Esther, Mark, and others. Every single time, we get disconnected. I have even given them my phone number at the start of the call and asked that they call me back if we get disconnected. They NEVER do!

We have been with Verizon for 12 years and rarely needed support. Now that we do, they are impossible to contact.

We upgraded a phone and were promised (exact quote): "The plan stays the same." She (Jacqueline) promised a $7 credit each month to make the new phone free. It has never been applied. Instead, our plan changed and our bill increased by $15 a month. Now, the estimated bill for next month is $50 higher!

Yesterday, Verizon took payment (I have always had auto payment) for the increased amount.

Today, I got a message from a "no reply" email service asking me to mark Verizon replies as "accepted" on this message board. Huh?

And still I get no service from Verizon.

Please reply.

0 Likes
Re: No reply at all, no reply at all. Is anybody listening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your many years with us and our apologies to hear about your experience after completing an upgrade with us. Please rest assured this is never the experience we want and we would be happy to work with you to review your account and make things right.

To confirm, how long ago was the upgrade completed? Please note that if you are to receive monthly billing credits for your phone, these credits may take 2-3 bill cycles before they appear on your invoice. In addition, are you able to provide additional details about the plan change? What plan were you on previously compared to currently?

0 Likes
FatherJohn

Thank you for responding.

On March 2, 2021, I received a mailing from Verizon offering a free upgrade for my wife's phone to a Nokia smart phone. She had been using a flip phone.

In March, I received a mailing from Verizon offering a free upgrade to a Nokia smart phone for my wife. She had been using a flip phone for many, many years with no problems. Texting, however, is very difficult with a flip phone so she did very little. Recently, 2 family members were diagnosed with cancer and her siblings started group texting several times a day to keep everyone up to date on the situations. It seemed the perfect time to upgrade, so I contacted Verizon using the online chat function from my PC. I recorded the entire conversation.

We are retired and on a fixed income with no cost of living increases so keeping costs in line is very important to us. When I chatted with Jacqueline on March 2, 2021, she assured me there would be no increase in our costs if we upgraded to the Nokia phone and that my wife would be able to text much easier with her siblings. The following is cut and pasted from that conversation:

"Does the plan cost increase if she gets a new phone?"

at 9:23, Mar 2: Oh okay! Would you like to get her phone upgraded with me today? The plan stays the same 👍 Jacqueline

at 9:24, Mar 2: No additional cost each month?

at 9:24, Mar 2: Correct! Just keep in mind the first 1-2 bills you will pay for the phone, $7/mo. Then a $7/mo bill credit will take 1-2 bills after activating to start showing up, making the device free. (24 months) - Jacqueline

Our bill every month since 2020 has been about $82.52. Until this upgraded phone...

Our March bill was $97.20. Our April bill was $94.82. And our estimated May bill is over $130.00!! No credits have been applied to offset the new phone charges in the first two months since the upgrade. That is understandable but no credit shows on the estimated next bill, either.

On top of the inexplicable increase that is contrary to the agreement made with Jacqueline, the Nokia phone has been a disaster. It does not work with group text. It does not text using WiFi. It sometimes takes 6 hours or more to send a text to her siblings. We have been into the local Verizon store 3 times trying to resolve these issues and they have swapped her SIMS card twice. It gets worse.

The last time they swapped her SIMS card, Verizon locked us out of the account and required we send documentation to the fraud division proving we are who we say we are - this after 12 years with Verizon! We had to go into the Verizon store to get THAT resolved, too.

The cell phone does not get service almost anywhere. Even at Walmart, where we stop for grocery pickups outside, we cannot call them to let them know we are there because the phone say "emergency calls only." A phone that does not work isn't an upgrade from one that DID work.

I have tried calling Verizon 5 times about the bill increases. I have even given our land line number here to the Verizon representative and asked that he call us back if we are disconnected. No one has ever called back but I have been disconnected all 5 times I called. I spoke with Jordan, Esther, Mark, and 2 others whose names I do not recall.

I believe you can understand why I am so upset. The "customer service" with Verizon is the worst I have experienced with any company in my 69+ years on this earth.

As for the disconnects, Verizon is a communications company. One disconnect may be excused as a mistake. Five disconnects in 5 calls is baffling and unprecedented in my life.

At this point, I have the following requests to rectify the situations we have encountered:
1) my phone bill needs to be reset to the $82.52 per month that is was before this upgrade
2) over charges of $14.68 (March) and $12.30 (April) must be refunded
3) the one time payment for the upgrade to the Nokia phone ($33.16) must be refunded. We will return the defective phone to the local store and go back to the flip phone because the Nokia does not perform as promised.
4) the 2 year contract that came with the deficient Nokia phone must be cancelled and made null and void because the phone does not perform as promised and doesn't even make phone calls where it should.

This message and any replies will be copied and retained for legal documentation. Please reply by email or here. Do not reply by phone as I am very hard of hearing. Do not reply by text as I only use my phone for traveling and the Nokia my wife has doesn't function correctly.

Thank you very much for your attention to these matters.

John Haldane
Asheville, NC 28805

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

These details are helpful, John. This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when upgrading your phone and our apologies that you haven't received any follow-up calls during your previous interactions where you were disconnected. I want to ensure that we're able to do everything we can to make things right. As I understand that your wife had previously been using a flip phone and you were offered a free upgrade, may I ask of the mailing you had referenced had also made mention of the information here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

0 Likes
FatherJohn

Wow. No, that information about discontinuing certain devices was never given to me. Please reference the chat session with Jacqueline on March 2, 2021 (Verizon must have a copy as do I) for the complete conversation.

I am very appreciative of your replies. here and will continue to monitor this. I hope the resolutions I suggested will be applied.

John

0 Likes
FatherJohn

I replied today to your PM. You sent a verification link that does not work. Please see my PM reply.

0 Likes
AngryRN

I’m still waiting for a call, email or response since 4-16-21!!  
get in line, many people have complaints against this company for failed follow though. We can do better with other companies for lower prices and discounts. Look online 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No worries, lets figure this out! We are concerned to hear the authentication link isn't working. Have you trued to refresh your browser to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
FatherJohn

I cleared all cookies, cache, and history and the link worked - sort of. I got this message:

"Thank you for reaching out to the Verizon Social Media Team! We appreciate your patience while we connect you with your representative, who will reply in this window. Please confirm your full name and the phone number associated with your account below."

I have no idea why I got connected with "social media team" - they are going to resolve my billing and technical issues? *sigh*

0 Likes
FatherJohn

"We're sorry but this session has timed out. Please reach back out to us on Social Media to get a new secure conversation link."

Well, so much for THAT help.

0 Likes