Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Non compliance charge $30 because card declined?
Mcamis

I made a payment with another credit card and was charged $30 for autopay non-compliance. Customer service says it is because I entered the wrong zip code on the payment and the bank charged Verizon $30. That makes absolutely Zero sense that a harmless error would result in a $30 charge!! I think the rep made this up. 

0 Likes
Re: Non compliance charge $30 because card declined?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have been receiving an autopay discount and you make a payment with a CC, you will not be eligible for the discount the following month. The autopay/paperless billing discount requires you to have autopay set up with a debit card or bank account. CC payments don't qualify for this discount. The reason you got the non compliance charge is because you said you made the payment with a CC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Mcamis. We know it is important to understand your charges and why they were charged that way. The reason why you were charged an Auto Pay non-compliance fee is because you used a credit card, which is not eligible for the Auto Pay discount. You must use only a debit card or checking account in order to be eligible for the discount. 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Mcamis

So the reps reason was incorrect as I thought. I will go back to chat to handle this.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I'm not sure what there is to handle. If you were getting an autopay discount and you made a payment with a credit card, then the non-compliance charge is appropriate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to get the best deal possible, no doubt about it. In order to set up the Auto Pay service with a debit card so you receive the discount moving forward, please use the following site: http://spr.ly/660914w83 ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes