Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not Receiving Verification Texts Online Messaging
ncolonna

Hello,

For some reason, I am unable to receive verification messages on the online messaging applet (Google, Amazon, etc). I am using Messages+ on my Google Pixel 3XL, and can receive the messages there, but they do not appear in the online interface. I am using a work computer, so downloading the Messages+ desktop app is not an option.

0 Likes
Re: Not Receiving Verification Texts Online Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear you're not receiving all messages through the website for your Verizon Messages, ncolonna. Let's take a closer look into this. Where is the verification message coming from? Have you ever been able to receive this type of message on the website? Are you having trouble with any other messages?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
SD0715

i have been having the same issue. I have not received any verification messages before. But I can receive the messages just fine on my phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@SD0715 , we know that your messages are important and want to ensure that you are receiving them. Do you find that this is happening from specific numbers? Are these specifically secure messages such as temporary passwords or things of this nature? Are you able to send messages to those numbers from the desktop application?

LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snake2417

Okay let's make this very simple. Will the Verizon server for online messaging allow verification, short SMS to sync with message plus online version? 

All other texts are coming through fine, the only text that are not coming through are verification texts.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Shake2417, 

You should definitely be able to receive verification texts! We want to get this feature working for you. When did you begin having trouble? Do you get an error message rather than the verification text, or do you simply receive nothing when requesting a verification text? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
btamer

I am also having this issue. For example, for two-step verification, my company sends a verification text code to our cell phones. I can receive them on my cell phone but not online.

Any solution to that?

Thanks,

jav6

@btamer wrote:

I am also having this issue. For example, for two-step verification, my company sends a verification text code to our cell phones. I can receive them on my cell phone but not online.

Any solution to that?

Thanks,

This thread   Why don't I receive all of my Text Messages on the... - Verizon Community  (verizonwireless.com) has a post somewhat acknowledging that authentication short codes may NOT be delivered to the web messaging site for security reasons.  Also, there are posts indicating that it DID work at some time last year but stopped, as did the Win10 Message+ app alltogether.

It would be nice for @vzw_customer_support someone to clarify/confirm that short code messages sent to the phone number do or don't get sent to the web messaging site logged into the same numbers' profile.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
btamer

Thank you, @jav6 

0 Likes
channingj

Any response on this?  I am having the same issue.

0 Likes