Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not getting texts on your web online version.
finfan3dp1

Hello,

I am not allowed to have my cell phone at work, so I rely on your online texting from your website to communicate with my wife/kids.  For some reason, I stopped receiving any of their texts lately.  I get them when I get to my car and turn on my phone, but they are not coming through the online version.  To be clear, i'm not using the app on my computer as my employer doesn't allow it, i'm using the verizon website version of text messaging.  PLEASE HELP me figure out how to fix this.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Not getting texts on your web online version.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, finfan3dp1. I know how important it is to stay connected with your family throughout the day. The texting over the internet option certainly comes in handy. I'm sorry it hasn't been working for you. I'm eager to get this resolved. 

To be clear, do you log in to My Verizon, and then use the Message option? On your phone, which Messaging app do you use? Is there any error message when you send or receive a message? Please elaborate to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
finfan3dp1

Yes, i use the text message option on your website, not an application.  On my phone i use the text message option that was on the phone from verizon.  No specialty app there either. There is no error message.  I can send messages to my family members, but I DO NOT RECEIVE them when they reply or send a message outright. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the additional information. Just to be sure, you mentioned that you are using the text message option that was on the phone, are you referring to the default messaging app or Verizon Message+? When was the last time that the messages synced online?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
finfan3dp1

The default messaging option.  But again, I AM NOT USING THE PHONE.  I am using your online version from your website.  I am unable to receive texts from anyone.  This started several weeks ago.

0 Likes
finfan3dp1

If verizon doesn't have an answer for this, please tell everyone!

0 Likes
jav6

@finfan3dp1 wrote:

The default messaging option.  But again, I AM NOT USING THE PHONE.  I am using your online version from your website.  I am unable to receive texts from anyone.  This started several weeks ago.

If you're NOT using the Verizon Message+ app on your phone, then you might NOT be using Integrated Messaging which sync's messages between devices AND the web messaging service.  There have been issues reported with sync'ing messages between devices, including the online web messaging service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
finfan3dp1

I just use the regular messaging app on the phone.  I am getting all my messages on the phone, just not on the desktop web version.

0 Likes